YourGV.com

Thursday, Apr 24th

Last updateFri, 25 Apr 2014 7am

You are here: Home News Local News

Walls going up on expansion for dental clinic

Construction is moving right along on the Halifax Regional Dental Clinic, located in Houghton Industrial Park in South Boston.

Bull on the loose creates scare at Goodwill

Shoppers at the Goodwill store in Centerville were not alone Saturday morning when a bull on the loose wandered from a nearby pasture into the store’s parking lot.

Halifax County IDA donates $5,000 to uranium fight

To give or not to give $5,000 to fight the mining and milling of uranium. That was the question posed to members of the Halifax County Industrial Development Authority Board of Directors on Friday morning.

Halifax County businessman, civic leader dies

Sterling Edmunds, a lifelong Halifax County resident, businessman and community leader, died surrounded by family Tuesday. 

Halifax native takes command of Corps of Engineers District in Afghanistan

Col. Vincent Quarles, of Halifax assumed command of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Afghanistan Engineer District-South in a ceremony here July 12.

Members get to decide if three YMCA organizations should merge

Members of the South Boston-Halifax YMCA will have an opportunity to cast their votes on the merger of the Hamilton Boulevard YMCA with the two in Mecklenburg County at 6 p.m. Thursday.

Bubbly 6-year-old boy was always smiling

Six-year-old Korbin Drake LaFluer, a rising South Boston Elementary School first grader, died Wednesday morning after recently undergoing a surgical procedure.

Dispute leaves channels in the dark, Halifax customers upset

Children can no longer watch Nickelodeon, and their parents can’t enjoy favorite shows on TV Land. Thanks to a dispute between DirecTV and Viacom.

Long-time Halifax County law officer dies at 81

Long-time Halifax County Sheriff’s Department Major Roy Hampton Pruett of Paces died Monday at his home following a lengthy illness.

Kitchen fire causes minor damage to South Boston home

No one was injured in a Tuesday afternoon kitchen fire that resulted in $1,500 smoke, fire and water damage to the Wilborn Avenue home of Connie Sydnor.