YourGV.com

Wednesday, Apr 16th

Last updateWed, 16 Apr 2014 8am

You are here: Home News Local News SoBo man burned in mobile home fire

SoBo man burned in mobile home fire

A 20-year-old South Boston man received burns and was transported to Halifax Regional Hospital as a result of a stove fire in a mobile home on Alphonse Dairy Road Thursday afternoon.

According to South Boston Fire Department Assistant Chief Dwight Spangler, eight firefighters responded with one truck to a residential fire at 2180 Alphonse Dairy Road.

When firefighters arrived on the scene, light smoke was showing, but the fire had been extinguished, Spangler said.

Occupants of the mobile home owned by James Pillion had used a dry extinguisher to put out the fire that started in a pan on the top of the stove.

Spangler said in the process of extinguishing the blaze, a man living in the mobile home suffered burns.

The mobile home sustained $2,500 in damage, according to the fire chief.

Firefighters remained on the scene for about an hour using fans to remove smoke from the mobile home.