YourGV.com

Tuesday, Jul 29th

Last updateMon, 28 Jul 2014 7am

You are here: Home News Local News Damage kept to minimum in SoBo stove fire

Damage kept to minimum in SoBo stove fire

Damage was kept to a minimum in a stove fire on Porter Lane Saturday night. 

According to a South Boston Fire Department spokesperson, 22 South Boston firefighters responded to 1322 Porter Lane at 9:48 p.m. with three trucks. 

Halifax Volunteer Fire Department assisted with seven firefighters and two trucks.

The fire was out when firefighters arrived, and they removed the stove from the home, the spokesperson said. 

Firefighters placed fans in the front door of the home to air out the smoke and then checked the rest of the house for any other fires before leaving the scene at 10:31 p.m.

The spokesperson said the home, occupied by Tina Brown and owned by Charlie Brown, was valued at $75,000 and sustained an estimated $1,500 in damage.

 The cause of the fire has yet to be determined, he added.