YourGV.com

Friday, Apr 18th

Last updateFri, 18 Apr 2014 7am

You are here: Home News Local News Small electrical fire causes minor damage to home

Small electrical fire causes minor damage to home

A fire that Midway Volunteer Fire Department officials said appeared to be electrical in nature caused an estimated $5,000 damage to the residence of Michael Valasquez Tuesday night.

Damage to the house owned by Phil Martin located at 2232 Virgie Cole Road near the intersection of Shelton Road, was estimated at $5,000. There was no loss of contents.

Midway Volunteer Fire Department Chief Monty Lowery said the fire started in the ceiling of a closet area. Firefighters were able to contain the fire in about 10 minutes, he said.

Firefighters arrived at the Valasquez residence at 7:42 p.m. and were on the scene for an hour and 14 minutes.

Eleven firefighters with two trucks from the Midway Volunteer Fire Department responded to the call. Nine firefighters and two trucks from the Cluster Springs Volunteer Fire Department and two firemen and one truck from the South Boston Volunteer Fire Department assisted.