YourGV.com

Thursday, Apr 24th

Last updateFri, 25 Apr 2014 7am

You are here: Home News Local News Kitchen fire causes minor damage to South Boston home

Kitchen fire causes minor damage to South Boston home

No one was injured in a Tuesday afternoon kitchen fire that resulted in $1,500 smoke, fire and water damage to the Wilborn Avenue home of Connie Sydnor.

According to a fire department spokesman, Sydnor said she left a pan of grease on the stove and went into the other room. When she returned to the kitchen, flames were leaping from the pan and smoking up the kitchen.

Sydnor was alone at home at the time of the fire, and no one was injured.

 A total of 12 firefighters from South Boston Fire Department were assisted by Halifax Volunteer Fire Department.

After extinguishing the blaze, firefighters placed fans in the doorways to remove the smoke from the split-level house.

Firefighters remained on the scene for a little less than an hour, the spokesman said.