- Last Updated on 07:36 AM 01/29/14
- BY The Gazette-Virginian
A 31-year-old Nathalie man faces two felony charges of distributing a controlled substance, according to Halifax County Sheriff’s Office records.
Brian Thomas Short of Liberty Road, Nathalie was charged on Halifax Regional Narcotic and Gang Task Force indictments with the alleged offenses that occurred Aug. 7, and Deputy J. L. Franco served the warrants Saturday.
The task force is comprised of members from Halifax Sheriff’s Office, South Boston Police Department and the Virginia State Police.
• Jerry Lee Womack, 48, of Acorn Road, Nathalie faces a misdemeanor charge for failure to appear in court.
The alleged offense occurred Jan. 21, and Cpl. P. C. Clayton served the warrant Saturday.
• Ragiyagh Tiffany Smith, 22, of Love Shop Park, South Boston faces misdemeanor charges of assault and battery and being drunk in public.
The alleged offenses occurred Saturday, and Deputy C. A. Bates V served the warrants Sunday.
• Delquan Lee Barksdale, 21, of Love Shop Park, South Boston faces misdemeanor charges of assault and battery and being drunk in public.
The alleged offenses occurred Saturday, and Bates served the warrants Sunday.
• Johnny Thaxton, 18, of Hunters Lane, South Boston faces a misdemeanor charge of contempt of court.
The alleged offense occurred Jan. 22, and Inv. T. A. Mocarsky served the warrant Sunday.
• Andrea Daphne Kirby, 49, of Mallard Lane, South Boston faces a misdemeanor charge of making threats over the telephone.
The alleged offense occurred Friday, and Deputy W. G. Yancey served the warrant Monday.
• Jennifer May Pumphrey, 24, of Haskins Street, South Boston faces a misdemeanor charge of contempt of court.
The alleged offense occurred Friday, and Deputy J. P. Adams served the warrant Monday.
• Jeffrey Fuller Barnett, 45, of Clays Mill Road, Halifax faces a misdemeanor charge of petty larceny and a misdemeanor charge of fraud.
The alleged offenses occurred Jan. 20, and Deputy R. L. Compton served the warrants Monday.
• David Anthony Woods, 37, of Harmony Road, Alton faces a charge of assault and battery, according to South Boston Police Department records.
Officer J. B. Throckmorton served the warrant Monday, and Woods was held without bond.
• Alacia Nicole Johnson, 22, of Woodbrook Avenue, South Boston faces charges of being drunk in public, vandalism and resisting arrests.
Officer C. L. Collie served the warrants Friday.
Johnson was released on her own recognizance on the drunk in public charge and was held on a $1,000 secured bond for the vandalism charge.