- Last Updated on 07:44 AM 11/06/13
- BY The Gazette-Virginian
A 26-year-old South Boston man faces felony charges of larceny for credit card theft and embezzlement of over $200, according to Halifax County Sheriff’s Office records.
Christopher K. Pumphrey of Newton Farm Road was charged with the alleged offenses that occurred Oct. 17, and Deputy T. H. Clarke served the warrant Monday.
• James Edward Bates, 50, of Gatha’s Trail, Halifax faces a felony charge of being a habitual offender and a misdemeanor charge of having a second DUI conviction within five years.
The alleged offenses occurred Friday, and Deputy J. L. Franco served the warrants Saturday.
• Jeremy Antwan Hutcherson, 32, of Grace Avenue, South Boston was issued a capias for a felony probation violation.
The alleged offense occurred July 6, 2010, and Clarke served the warrant Friday.
• Scott W. Maxted, 49, of Old Rock Road, Clarksville faces a misdemeanor charge of being drunk in public.
The alleged offense occurred Saturday, and Inv. T. A. Mocarsky served the warrant the same day.
• Anthony Laquon Terry, 24, of Randolph Avenue, South Boston faces a misdemeanor charge of assault and battery.
The alleged offense occurred Sunday, and Deputy C. S. Hudson served the warrant Monday.
• Ralph Daryl Montgomery, 43, of Cluster Springs Road, Alton faces a misdemeanor charge of petty larceny.
The alleged offense occurred Aug. 30, and Deputy T. B. Sargent served the warrant Monday.
• Clarence Jay Sydnor, 54, of Spring Avenue, South Boston faces a charge of being drunk in public, according to South Boston Police Department records.
Officer A. C. Davis served the warrant Sunday.
• Harvey Junior Royal, 32, of Mountain Road, Halifax faces a charge of assault and battery on a family member.
Cpl. T. N. Bratton served the warrant Sunday.
• Sheila P. Matze, 54, of Watkins Avenue, South Boston faces a charge of larceny for shoplifting.
Officer J. B. Throckmorton served the warrant Monday, and Matze was released on summons.