- Last Updated on 07:37 AM 10/14/13
- BY The Gazette-Virginian
A North Garden man faces a charge for robbery in connection with a daylight robbery of Carter Bank & Trust on July 20.
A Halifax County Grand Jury in September indicted 24-year-old Girard Carlos Turner Jr. of Vest Walker Road in connection with the robbery.
On Thursday, South Boston Police Investigator C. L. Carswell served the warrant on Turner who is currently being held in the Covington Jail.
In August, authorities in Bath County arrested a suspect believed to be connected with the robbery of Carter Bank & Trust in Mitchelltown.
South Boston Police had been searching for a lone African-American suspect who entered Carter Bank & Trust on Main Street in South Boston, presented a note to the teller and demanded money.
The suspect fled the scene on foot from the back door of the bank with an undisclosed amount of currency.
Witnesses who were attending the Boys and Girls Talent in the Square event at Constitution Square in South Boston told authorities the man was wearing a black shirt, jean shorts and sunglasses, authorities said after the bank robbery.
They told authorities he ran out of the back of the bank toward Arch Street.
In other arrests:
• Bruce Edward Jackson Jr., 18, of Greenfield Road, South Boston faces felony charges of burglary with intent, brandishing a firearm and robbery, according to South Boston Police Department records.
Officer F. A. Powell served the warrants Thursday.
• A 44-year-old South Boston woman faces a felony charge of possessing a controlled substance, according to Halifax County Sheriff’s Office records.
Valerie Denise Hamlett of McKinney Street was charged with the alleged offense that occurred Friday, and Dep. T. H. Clarke served the warrant the same day.
• Maria Joanne Lucado Holt, 29, of Mayo Loop Virgilina faces a felony charge of DUI third conviction within 10 years and two misdemeanor charges of refusing a blood/breath test and operating a vehicle on a revoked license.
The alleged offenses occurred Thursday, and Dep. W. G. Yancey served the warrants the same day.
• Keisha Peacock, 32, of Tanglewylde Drive, South Boston faces a misdemeanor charge of inflicting injury to an animal.
The alleged offense occurred Sept. 16, and Investigator C. J. Yeatts served the warrant Thursday.
• Kameron T. Peacock, 23, of Tanglewylde Drive, South Boston faces a misdemeanor charge of inflicting injury to an animal.
The alleged offense occurred Sept. 16, and Yeatts served the warrant Thursday.
• Antonio Charles Pettiford, 25, of Yarborough Street, Roxboro, N.C., faces two felony charges of grand larceny and burglary with felony intent.
Dep. D. K. Francis served the warrants Friday.
• Tashawn Pettiford, 19, of Yarborough Street, Roxboro, N.C., faces two felong charges of grand larceny and burglary with felony intent.
Francis served the warrants Friday.
• Donald Johnson, 65, of Halifax faces misdemeanor charges of driving under the influence and refusing to take a breath test, according to South Boston Police records.
The alleged offense occurred Friday, and Officer J.J. George served the warrant the same day.
• Steven Bartee, 26, of South Boston faces a misdemeanor charge of domestic assault.
The alleged offense occurred Saturday, and Officer J. B. Throckmorton served the warrant the same day.