- Last Updated on 07:26 AM 09/16/13
- BY The Gazette-Virginian
Halifax Regional Narcotic and Gang Task Force arrested a South Boston man Thursday on eight separate drug charges.
According to Virginia State Police Special Agent R. B. George, coordinator of the task force, Frank Sanford, AKA “Flip,” of Mason Street was arrested with assistance of South Boston Police Officer T. Wayne Bush.
Sanford was wanted for four counts of distribution of cocaine and four counts of conspiring to distribute cocaine.
Agencies participating in the three arrests include Halifax County Sheriff’s Office, South Boston Police Department, Virginia State Police and Halifax Regional Narcotics and Gang Task Force.
In other arrests:
• David Anthony Rose, 56, of Savoy Avenue, South Boston faces a charge of littering, trash dumping, according to South Boston Police Department records.
Officer T. D. Clay served the warrant Thursday.
• Roosevelet Augusta Jones, 53, of Nathalie faces a charge of failure to appear.
He was held in the Blue Ridge Regional Jail on a $1,000 unsecured bond.
• Daniel Matthew Roland, 22, of Scottsburg faces a charge of being drunk in public.
He was held in Blue Ridge Regional Jail and released when sober.
• Ryan Keith Angel, 22, of Brookneal faces a charge of driving under the influence.
He was transported to Blue Ridge Regional Jail.
• Patrick Donnell Barksdale, 33, of Wilson Memorial Trail, Vernon Hill faces a misdemeanor contempt of court charge, according to Halifax Sheriff’s Office records.
The alleged offense occurred Monday, and Sgt. Q. W. Clark served the warrant Thursday.
• Joseph Patrick Brandon, 31, of River Road, South Boston faces a misdemeanor contempt of court charge.
The alleged offense occurred Monday, and Deputy R. L. Compton served the warrant Friday.