- Last Updated on 02:33 PM 07/03/13
- BY The Gazette-Virginian
A 34-year-old South Boston man faces a felony charge of larceny (third offense) and a misdemeanor charge of preventing a lawful arrest, according to Halifax County Sheriff’s Office records.
Brent Sheron Betts of Memorial Drive was charged with the alleged offenses that occurred Tuesday.
Investigator C. J. Yeatts served the warrants the same day.
• Joseph Carroll Clay, 34, of Runaway Road, Nathalie faces a misdemeanor charge of assault and battery of a family member.
The alleged offense occurred June 30, and Sgt. Q. W. Clark served the warrant Monday.
• Roger Neal Francis, 37, of Philpott Road, South Boston faces a misdemeanor charge of being drunk in public.
The alleged offense occurred Monday, and Deputy C. A. Bates V served the warrant Monday.
• Zachary Vinson King, 22, of Liberty Road, Nathalie faces a misdemeanor drug charge for possession of marijuana.
The alleged offense occurred June 15, and bates served the warrant Tuesday.
• Lisa Theresa Halloren, 34, of Leighwood Trail, Halifax faces a larceny charge for shoplifting, according to South Boston Police Department records.
Cpl. J. C. Berry served the warrant Tuesday, and Halloren was released on summons.
• Michael Vincent Brumfield, 40, of Valley Drive, South Boston faces a charge of burglary with felony intent.
Officer C. M. Mann served the warrant June 30, and Brumfield was released on a $3,000 secured bond.