- Last Updated on 04:36 PM 05/30/13
- BY The Gazette-Virginian
A 36-year-old Virgilina man faces 40 charges that include 34 felonies and six misdemeanors, according to Halifax County Sheriff’s Office records.
Jason Levar Skipper of Virgilina Road faces 26 felony charges of forging a check, one felony charge of grand larceny of a check or money order, seven felony charges of fraud and six misdemeanor charges of fraud.
The alleged offenses occurred Nov. 16 and 17, Dec. 4, 5, 6, 10, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17 and 20. Deputy C. S. Hudson served the warrant Wednesday.
• Benjamin Charles Desmond, 20, of Cousin Lane, Nathalie faces two felony charges of kidnapping an adult, two felony charges of burglary with intent and one felony charge of attempted robbery.
The alleged offenses occurred Dec. 22 and Jan. 12, and Sgt. Q. W. Clark served the warrant Wednesday.
• Rickie Lewis Compton, 44, of Shepherd Street, South Boston faces a felony charge of larceny and two misdemeanor charges of credit card fraud.
The alleged offenses occurred March 23, and Clark served the warrants Wednesday.
• Jimmie Ronald Holmes, 59, of Easley Lane, Halifax faces a felony charge of taking indecent liberties with a child while in a custodial relationship.
The alleged offense occurred March 16, and Deputy C. S. Yeatts served the warrant Wednesday.
• Jennifer Waddle, 28, of Mountain Road, Vernon Hill faces a misdemeanor charge of making threats over the telephone.
The alleged offense occurred May 18, and Clark served the warrant Sunday.
• Bradley Michael Saunders, 24, of Mountain Road, Vernon Hill faces a misdemeanor charge of trespassing.
The alleged offense occurred May 20, and Yeatts served the warrant Tuesday.
• Anton Edmonds, 31, of College Street, South Boston faces a misdemeanor charge of contempt of court.
The alleged offense occurred Dec. 10, and Yeatts served the warrant Tuesday.
• Kenneth Wayne Nagle, 53, of Nathalie faces charges of forging public records, identity theft, speeding, having no valid registration, not having an operator license in possession, not having a registration in possession, driving on an expired inspection sticker, failing to wear a seat belt, failing to have liability insurance, driving on a suspended or revoked license and giving false information to a law enforcement officer, according to South Boston Police Department records.
Officer S. L. Song served the warrants Tuesday, and Nagle was held without bond.
• Jennifer Marie Barts, 28, of Danville faces a charge of contempt of court.
Officer J. J. George served the warrant Wednesday, and Barts was held on a $2,500 unsecured bond.
• Harold Dennis Hamlett, 43, of South Boston faces a charge of being drunk in public.
Officer R. L. Lawson served the warrant Wednesday.