- Last Updated on 03:35 PM 05/16/13
- BY The Gazette-Virginian
A 47-year-old South Boston man was arrested on two felony indictments charging distribution of cocaine and conspiring to distribute cocaine, according to Halifax Regional Narcotic and Gang Task Force Coordinator R. B. George.
Gregory Clayton Moore of Shepherd Street was arrested Monday during a traffic stop conducted by task force members. During the traffic stop, a large quantity of suspected crack cocaine was found on Moore’s person, and the 1997 BMW he was driving also was seized by the task force, George said.
Moore is being held without bond, and additional charges are pending.
• A 24-year-old Halifax man faces four felony charges of marijuana distribution and one felony charge of conspiring to distribute marijuana, according to Halifax County Sheriff’s Office records.
Cordaro Rahmad Wilson of Ball Park Loop was charged with the alleged offenses that occurred Nov. 8 and Jan. 15, 16 and 19. Deputy W. F. Cross served the warrants Tuesday.
• Carlo Manan Cook Jr., 20, of Traver Avenue, South Boston faces felony charges of selling or giving a firearm to a convicted felon and conspiracy.
The alleged offenses occurred Jan. 29, and Deputy J. P. Adams served the warrants Wednesday.
• Johnny Ray Whitlow, 40, of Griffin Trail, Virgilina faces a felony charge of grand larceny.
The alleged offense occurred Sunday, and Cross served the warrant Wednesday.
• Lawrence Edward Miller Sr., 59, of Tanglewylde Drive, South Boston faces a misdemeanor charge of contempt of court.
The alleged offense occurred Monday, and Sgt. Q. W. Clark served the warrant the Tuesday.
• Cynthia Powell, 53, of Dryburg Road, Scottsburg faces a misdemeanor charge of contempt of court.
The alleged offense occurred Monday, and Deputy D. E. Martin served the warrant Tuesday.
• Terell Antonio Carr, 25, of Golden Leaf Road, Nathalie faces a misdemeanor charge of contempt of court.
The alleged offense occurred March 8, and Cpl. P. C. Clayton served the warrant Tuesday.
• Patrick Jones, 24, of Terry’s Bridge Road, Halifax faces misdemeanor charges of vandalism and assault and battery.
The alleged offenses occurred Tuesday, and Deputy C. A. Bates V served the warrants the same day.
• Shawn Michael Lloyd, 23, of Mountain Road, Vernon Hill faces a misdemeanor charge of assault and battery.
The alleged offense occurred April 5, and Deputy S. Edmonds served the warrant Tuesday.
• Deon Lamar Adams, 19, of Nathalie faces charges of larceny for shoplifting and assault and battery, according to South Boston Police Department records.
Cpl. M. W. Bowen served the warrants Tuesday, and Adams was held on a $5,000 secured bond.
• Tarsha Colette Brooks, 34, of Danville faces a charge of larceny for shoplifting.
Office A. E. Whitmore served the warrant Tuesday.
• Javante Devon Jordan, 21, of South Boston faces a charge of assault and battery.
Cpl. J. C. Berry served the warrant Wednesday, and Jordan was held on a $3,000 unsecured bond.
• Denise Howard, 31, of South Boston faces a charge of assault and battery.
Officer J. J. George served the warrant Wednesday.
• Shirley Terry Majors, 50, of South Boston faces a charge of petty larceny, third offense.
Officer R. J. Mead served the warrant Thursday, and Terry was held on a $10,000 secured bond.