- Last Updated on 07:38 AM 03/27/13
- BY The Gazette-Virginian
A 44-year-old South Boston man faces felony charges of assault while applying pressure and being a habitual offender. He also was issued a misdemeanor surety capias, according to Halifax County Sheriff’s Office records.
Rickie Lewis Compton of Shepherd Street was charged with the alleged offenses that occurred Feb. 22, Sunday and Monday. Deputy S. Edmonds and Sgt. C. S. Yeatts served the warrants and issued the capias Sunday and Monday.
• Jonathan Chase Stephens, 22, of Halls Trail, Halifax faces felony charges of grand larceny, intent to burglarize and fraud.
The alleged offenses occurred Oct. 24, and Inv. C. J. Yeatts served the warrants Monday.
• Herman Cameron Schutten, 33, of Jones Trail, Vernon Hill faces a felony charge of vandalism and misdemeanor charges of being drunk in public and possessing marijuana.
The alleged offenses occurred Saturday, and Sgt. Yeatts served the warrants the same day.
• Jeremy Deon Medley, 29, Lomax Avenue, South Boston faces felony charges of drug distribution and obstructing justice by resisting arrest.
The alleged offenses occurred Oct. 20, and Sgt. Q. W. Clark served the warrants Friday.
• Sara Courtney Hereford, 26, of Paradise Road, Alton faces felony charges of fraud under false pretense and possessing a controlled substance. She also faces a misdemeanor charge of driving on a suspended or revoke license.
Deputy T. B. Sargent served the warrants Friday.
• Candace Latrice Williams, 25, of Bishop Drive, South Boston faces a felony charge of embezzling over $200.
The alleged offense occurred Dec. 6, and Clark served the warrant Friday.
• Julian Harman Saunders, 54, of Houghton Avenue, South Boston faces a misdemeanor charge of assault and battery.
The alleged offense occurred Friday, and Clark served the warrant the same day.
• Clyde Wendell Carden Jr., 34, of Patrick Sims Drive, Scottsburg faces a misdemeanor charge of failure to appear in court.
The alleged offense occurred Jan. 28, and Sargent served the warrant Saturday.
• Joey Taylor, 40, of Jones Ferry Road, South Boston faces a misdemeanor charge of assault and battery.
The alleged offense occurred Sunday, and Deputy C. A. Bates served the warrant the same day.
• Patricia Ann Hamlett Womack, 52, of South Boston faces a charge of larceny for shoplifting, according to South Boston Police Department reports.
Officer R. J. Mead served the warrant Monday.
• Shameka Precious Irby, 25, of South Boston was issued a capias for failure to appear in court.
Mead served the warrant Monday.
• Robert Lee Harris, 37, of Richmond faces a charge of being drunk in public.
Cpl. J. C. Berry served the warrant Tuesday.