- Last Updated on 08:00 AM 03/20/13
- BY The Gazette-Virginian
A 22-year-old Nathalie man faces felony charges of being a convicted felon with a firearm, using a firearm in commission of a felony, kidnapping and failure to appear in court, according to Halifax County Sheriff’s Office records.
Johnny Owen Clay of McKeever Trail was charged with three alleged offenses that occurred Friday, and Deputy J. O. Tanner Jr. served the warrants Saturday.
The failure to appear in court offense allegedly occurred Feb. 26.
• Selina Muth Chuquirima, 35, of Ridgeway Road, Vernon Hill faces felony charges of child neglect and possession of a controlled substance and a misdemeanor charge of possessing drug paraphernalia.
The alleged offenses occurred Oct. 22, and Deputy C. S. Yeatts served the warrants Monday.
• Jimmie Ronald Holmes, 59, of Easley Lane, Halifax faces a felony charge of aggravated sexual assault.
The alleged offense occurred Saturday, and Halifax Police Officer W. R. Wilmoth served the warrant the same day.
• Frankie Lee Puryear, 30, of Jones Trail, Vernon Hill faces misdemeanor charges of driving under the influence and refusing a blood/breath test.
The alleged offenses occurred March 17, and Deputy T. H. Clarke served the warrants Sunday.
• Stephen Laquan Grasty Jr., 21, Bennie Drive, Ringgold faces misdemeanor charges of contempt of court.
The alleged offense occurred March 4, and Deputy W. G. Yancey served the warrant Monday.
• Trajan Jamar Kirby, 18, of Nathalie faces a charge of petty larceny, according to South Boston Police Department records.
Officer E. M. Cawthon served the warrant Friday.
• Thomas Joseph Kellner, 45, of South Boston faces a charge of assault and battery on a family member.
Officer J. J. George served the warrant Sunday.
• Kevin Lawayne Johnson, 23, of South Boston faces a misdemeanor charge of violating a court order.
Cpl. M. W. Bowen served the warrant Monday, and Johnson was held without bond.