- Last Updated on 08:20 AM 04/23/12
- BY The Gazette-Virginian
On Thursday, a resident at 696 Hedderly Street reported the theft of an Infinity cable TV box from his residence, according to acting Halifax Police Chief D. D. Irby.
The box is valued at approximately $100, Irby said.
Cpl. S. M. Comer is the investigating officer.
Also on Thursday, a theft was reported from a vehicle parked at Alexia’s Closet at 5310 Halifax Road.
According to a report filed by Irby, a Sentry fire safe valued at $30 was stolen from the unlocked cargo bay of a Ford SUV parked at the right front corner of the building.
The safe contained a Llama .45 semi-automatic pistol, valued at $300, and an unspecified amount of cash, Irby said.
Anyone with information regarding either of these two crimes is asked to contact the Town of Halifax Police Department at 476-2526 or call the Halifax County Crime Line at 476-8445.
In other police reports:
• A 41-year-old Brookneal man faces two misdemeanor charges of DUI and contempt of court, according to Halifax County Sheriff’s Office records.
Gary Leon Mabins of Sandi Drive was charged with the alleged offenses that occurred Dec. 27 of last year and March 8.
Deputy T. H. Clarke served the warrants on Thursday.
• Christopher Travis Stevens, 32, of North Main Street, South Boston faces a misdemeanor charge of assault and battery.
The alleged offense occurred April 14, and Deputy A. W. Britton served the warrant on Thursday.
• Henry T. Norwood, 54, of South Boston faces an assault on a family member charge, according to South Boston police records.
Officer A. E. Whitmore served the warrant Sunday.
• Jermain S. Pegram, 33, of South Boston faces an assault of a family member charge.
Cpl. T. B. White served the warrant Saturday.
• Ponell (NMN) Hamlett, 45, Nathalie, faces a charge of being drunk in public.
Cpl. White served the warrant Saturday.
• Robin L. McKinney, 48, of Halifax County faces a charge of driving on a suspended license (DUI related).
Cpl. M. W. Bowen served the warrant Friday.