- Last Updated on 04:41 PM 02/28/13
- BY The Gazette-Virginian
A 27-year-old Scottsburg man faces two felony charges of forging a check and another felony charge of fraud under false pretense, according Halifax County Sheriff’s Office records.
Leslie Morgan Jones of James D. Hagood Highway was charged with the alleged offenses that occurred Jan. 22, and Cpl. P. C. Clayton served the warrants Tuesday.
• Steven Christopher Hubbard, 20, of L. P. Bailey Memorial Highway, Halifax faces a felony charge of grand larceny by check or money order and misdemeanor charges of assault and battery and violating a stalking protective order.
The alleged offenses occurred Jan. 22, Monday and Wednesday, and Sgt. C. S. Yeatts served the warrants Tuesday and Wednesday.
• Shameka Precious Irby, 24, of Williams Street, South Boston faces a felony charge of third offense larceny.
The alleged offense occurred Oct. 1, and Deputy T. H. Clarke served the warrant Tuesday.
• Martie Hicks Comer, 68, of White Oak Drive, South Boston faces a misdemeanor charge of assault and battery on a family member.
The alleged offense occurred Saturday, and Clarke served the warrant Tuesday.
• Roscoe Lee, 61, of South Boston faces a charge of driving under the influence, according to South Boston Police Department records.
Officer T. W. Bush served the warrant Wednesday, and Lee was held on a $1,500 unsecured bond.
• Roger Willard Birch Jr. of South Boston faces a charge of being drunk in public.
Officer S. L. Song served the warrant Thursday.