- Last Updated on 07:25 AM 02/18/13
- BY The Gazette-Virginian
A 38-year-old South Boston woman has been charged with malicious wounding, according to Halifax County Sheriff’s Office reports.
Deputy T. H. Clarke served Philpott Road resident Joynita Smith Sydnor with the warrant on Friday.
According to Sheriff Fred Clark, the charge stems from an alleged altercation that occurred Friday at the American Best Value Inn on Philpott Road when a man was cut on the left hand and wrist.
A knife allegedly used in the altercation was found in a motel room, the sheriff said.
Sydnor was transported to the Blue Ridge Regional Jail where she is being held with no bond.
South Boston police officers assisted Halifax County Sheriff’s deputies in the investigation, Clark said.
• David Wayne Howerton, 37, of Glen Hill Farm Road, South Boston, was charged Thursday with felony assault of a law enforcement officer and two misdemeanors, including violating the provisions of a protective order and misdemeanor public intoxication.
The alleged offenses occurred Thursday, and Clark served the warrants the same day.
• Deaundray Ontario Martin, 19, of Riverdale Drive in South Boston, was charged Thursday with misdemeanor assault and battery of a family or household member.
Deputy W.G. Yancey served the warrant for the offense, which allegedly occurred on Wednesday.
• William Brandon Chumley, 24, of North Main Street, South Boston, was charged Thursday with misdemeanor assault and battery of a family or household member.
The alleged offense occurred Tuesday, and Clark served the warrant on Chumley.
• A 31-year-old South Boston woman faces a charge of contributing to the delinquency of a minor, according to South Boston Police Office reports.
Betty Jane Lacks was served the warrant by Officer A. E. Whitmore Friday.