- Last Updated on 04:31 PM 02/14/13
- BY The Gazette-Virginian
A 31-year-old Amherst man faces a felony charge of assault with intent to maim, according to Halifax County Sheriff’s Office reports.
Eric Lamont Coles of Jeffrey Loop was charged with the alleged offense that occurred Nov. 27, and Cpl. S. M. Bowen served the warrant Wednesday.
• Michael Wayne Farthing, 38, of Jeremy Creek Road, Sutherlin faces two charges of assault and battery on a family or household member.
The alleged offenses occurred Wednesday, and Deputy C. A. Bates V served the warrants the same day.
• Sidney Douglas Lawhorn, 29, of Edinburg Drive, Amherst faces a felony charge of grand larceny.
The alleged offense occurred Oct. 30, and Bowen served the warrant Wednesday.
• Karen Leslie Hawley, 26, of South Boston faces a charge of assault and battery of a family member, according to South Boston Police Office reports.
Officer J. B. Throckmorton served the warrant Tuesday, and Hawley was released on a $2,500 unsecured bond.
• Shamon Isidore Terry, 28, of South Boston faces charges of depriving an animal of food, not having animal tags, and not vaccinating an animal.
Officer T. D. Clay served the warrants Wednesday.
• Tecquin S. Hogue, 18, of South Boston faces a charge of contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
Inv. C. L. Carswell served the warrant Wednesday.
• Thomas Joseph Kellner, 45, of South Boston faces a charge of marijuana possession.
Officer T. W. Bush served the warrant Wednesday.