- Last Updated on 09:18 AM 04/11/12
- BY The Gazette-Virginian
A 21-year-old Yanceyville N.C. man faces a total of 36 charges stemming from a rash of residential break-ins and larcenies that occurred throughout the southern part of the county during the late summer and early fall of 2010.
Khalir Jamir Johnson of Old N.C. Highway was extradited from North Carolina to Halifax County by sheriff’s deputies on Friday when he was charged with 17 felony counts of burglary, 17 felony counts of grand larceny, one felony count of being a convicted felon with a gun and a misdemeanor count of petty larceny, according to Halifax County Sheriff Fred Clark.
The alleged offenses occurred Aug. 16, 2010, Sept. 12, 2010, Sept. 20, 2010, Sept. 21, 2010 and Sept. 29, 2010, and Deputy J.M. Burton served the warrants.
Investigators Jimmy Clay and Tommy Spencer conducted the investigation into the suspected theft ring dating back to 2010, Clark said.
Johnson was one of four people arrested in October 2010 on charges related to the suspected operation of a theft ring throughout counties in Virginia and North Carolina and based in Caswell County, N.C., according to authorities.
Following his arrest in 2010, Johnson was being held in Caswell County jail.
In other Halifax County Sheriff’s Office records:
• McKenzie Adam Stevens, 21, of Hitesburg Road, Virgilina faces a charge of felony assault with intent to maim.
The alleged offense occurred Friday, and Deputy J. O. Tanner Jr. served the warrant Sunday.
• Jason Tyler McKinney, 28, of Leighwood Trail, Halifax faces a misdemeanor charge of assault and battery of a family member.
The alleged offense occurred Friday, and Cpl. C.S. Yeatts served the warrant the same day.
• Sherri Anne Raynor, 28, of Whittington Street, Benson, N. C. faces two misdemeanor charges of assault and battery of a family member and one misdemeanor charge of assault and battery.
The alleged offenses occurred Saturday, and Deputy T. H. Clarke served the warrants the same day.
• Loretta Carol Elliott, 48, of Hogan Road, Virgilina faces a misdemeanor charge of trespassing.
The alleged offense occurred Sunday, and Deputy W. G. Yancey served the warrant Monday.
• Ronnie Dean Newbill, 49, of Owens Avenue, South Boston faces a misdemeanor charge of trespassing.
The alleged offense occurred Sunday, and Tanner served the warrant Monday.