- Last Updated on 07:41 AM 12/12/12
- BY The Gazette-Virginian
A 29-year-old South Boston woman faces felony charges of child neglect and disregarding a police command and a misdemeanor charge of violating a child protective order after authorities stopped her on Mountain Road Monday afternoon, according to Halifax County Sheriff’s Office records.
Lt. Steve Cassada said around 3:20 p.m. someone called 911 and reported a burgundy car had hit some mailboxes and an electric pole in the 3000 block of Mountain Road and was headed toward Danville. The caller told authorities the car had heavy damage, and a female driver was operating the vehicle.
Cassada said seven minutes after the report came in, Deputy S. Britton stopped Robyn Taylor Patterson of Mountain Road and took her into custody.
According to Cassada, Patterson’s infant son was a passenger in the car, and she was not allowed to have contact with him under a child protective order.
The child was relinquished to the Halifax County Department of Social Services, and authorities said they are uncertain how Patterson gained custody of the infant.
Britton served Patterson with the warrants for the alleged offenses the same day.
• Gary Anderson Barker Jr., 42, of Elizabeth Street, Danville faces a charge of possessing a controlled substance.
The alleged offense occurred Aug. 23, and Cpl. D. H. Barksdale served the warrant Thursday.
• Timothy Lamar Chappell, 26, of Davis Trail, South Boston faces felony charges of vandalism and burglary.
The alleged offenses occurred Thursday, and Deputy C. S. Hudson served the warrant Friday.
• Jennifer Gentry Conner, 46, of James D. Hagood Highway, Scottsburg faces a misdemeanor charge of driving on a suspended license suspended for a DUI conviction.
The alleged offense occurred Aug. 20, and Inv. T. A. Mocarsky served the warrant Friday.
• Kasaundra Quintina Allen, 40, of Henry’s Trail, Nathalie faces a misdemeanor charge of parking in a fire line.
The alleged offense occurred Nov. 3, 2011, and Inv. T. A. Mocarsky served the warrant Friday.
• Andrew Alan Dease, 24, of Winns Creek Road, Halifax faces a misdemeanor charge of assault and battery on a family member.
The alleged offense occurred Sept. 1, and Deputy C. A. Bates served the warrant Saturday.
• George A. L. Chandler, 23, of Green’s Folly Road, South Boston faces a misdemeanor charge of contempt of court.
The alleged offense occurred Nov. 5, and Deputy J. P. Adams served the warrant Saturday.
• Gregory Clayton Moore, 46, of Mountain Road, South Boston faces a charge of alcohol safety violation.
The alleged offense occurred Aug. 25, 2011, and Deputy T. B. Sargent served the warrant Saturday.
• Tara Renette Satterfield, 30, of Philpott Road, South Boston faces a misdemeanor charge of intent to defraud.
The alleged offense occurred Dec. 1, and Deputy W. G. Yancey served the warrant Sunday.
• Ricky Donell Bullock, 35, of Airport Road, Chase City faces a misdemeanor charge of driving under the influence.
The alleged offense occurred Monday, and Hudson served the warrant Tuesday.
• A 24-year-old Halifax man faces a misdemeanor charge of larceny, according to South Boston Police Office records.
Neal G. Sibley was charged Monday with the offense that is alleged to have occurred between June 24 and July 12.
Officer C. M. Mann was the arresting officer.