- Last Updated on 11:15 PM 11/01/12
- BY The Gazette-Virginian
An 18-year-old South Boston man faces a felony charge of being a fugitive, according to Halifax County Sheriff’s Office records.
George Wesley Garrett of Ragland Street was charged with the alleged offense that occurred Monday, and Cpl. D. H. Barksdale served the warrant the same day.
• Brancho Danquez White, 40, of Union Church Road, South Boston faces a felony charge of robbery and attempts.
The alleged offense occurred Monday, and Deputy T. B. Sargent served the warrant Tuesday.
• Herbert L. Throckmorton, 69, of German Creek Road, Alton was issued a misdemeanor capias to show cause.
The alleged offense occurred Tuesday, and Sgt. Q. W. Clark served the capias the same day.
• Stoney Steel Chandler, 18, of South Boston faces a charge of trespassing, according to South Boston Police Office records.
Chandler was charged with the alleged offense Wednesday and was released on summons.
• Marlon Lee Williams Jr., 29, of Halifax faces a larceny charge for shoplifting.
Williams was charged with the alleged offense Wednesday and was being held on a $1,000 secured bond.
• Norman Columbus King Jr., 25, of Scottsburg faces a larceny charge for shoplifting.
King was charged with the alleged offense Wednesday and was released on summons.
In other reports:
Halifax County Sheriff’s Office is investigating two thefts that occurred sometime over the past two weeks in the Alton community.
According to Sheriff Fred Clark, someone stole the battery from a tractor belonging to Wayne Dawson. The tractor had been left parked in a hayfield off Snow Hill Road, Clark said.
Deputy J.O. Tanner is investigating the theft.
In the same general vicinity, Clark said sometime Monday night someone stole a red and black Troy-Bilt generator from a shed on the property of William Harris Jr. of Harmony Road.
Deputy W.G. Yancey is investigating this theft.