- Last Updated on 06:56 AM 09/17/12
- BY The Gazette-Virginian
A 24-year-old South Boston woman faces a felony charge of embezzling leased property, according to Halifax County Sheriff’s Office records.
Brooke A. Duffey Pumphrey of Bill Tuck Highway was charged with the alleged offense that occurred Oct. 19, 2011.
Deputy S. Britton served the warrant Friday.
• Marlon Lee Williams Jr., 29, of Poplar Creek Street, South Boston faces a charge of trespassing, according to South Boston Police Office records.
Williams was charged with the alleged offense Friday.
• Kevin Chappell Jr., 19, of South Boston faces charges of possession of alcohol by a minor and being drunk in public.
The alleged offenses occurred Friday, and Sgt. M. Gilliam served the warrants the same day.
• Bianca Jones, 24, of Halifax faces a charge of shoplifting.
The alleged offense occurred Saturday, and Officer J. George served the warrant the same day.
Jones was being held on a $5,000 secured bond.
• Davonnell Terry, 24, of South Boston faces a charge of being drunk in public.
The alleged offense occurred Saturday, and Officer J. B. Throckmorton served the warrant the same day.
• Danta Clardy, 21, of Halifax faces charges of trespassing and possession of marijuana.
The alleged offenses occurred Aug. 16, and Gilliam served the warrants Saturday.
No bond was set for Clardy on the trespassing charge, and a $1,000 secure bond was set for the possession charge.
• John Ward, 32, of South Boston faces a charge of assault and battery.
The alleged offense occurred June 30, and Officer B. H. Smith served the warrant Saturday.