- Last Updated on 07:45 AM 09/12/12
- BY The Gazette-Virginian
A 25-year-old South Boston man faces felony grand larceny, drug and firearm charges, according to Halifax County Sheriff’s Office records.
Quinn Theadon Tucker was charged with grand larceny, being a convicted felon with a firearm, possession of a controlled substance and marijuana distribution.
Sgt. T. C. Spencer and Deputy S. Britton along with South Boston Police Department Officer C.M. Mann and Trooper T. C. Comer went to a house on Mallard Lane in South Boston to serve two felony warrants on Tucker, according to Sheriff Fred Clark.
Tucker ran from the back door of the house, and after a foot pursuit he was apprehended a short distance from the residence, the sheriff said.
Following his apprehension, authorities charged Tucker with the alleged offenses that occurred Saturday.
Spencer served the warrants Sunday.
• Star Nicole Pamplin, 26, of West 5th Street, Chase City faces five felony charges – three for child neglect and two for distributing a controlled substance.
The alleged offenses occurred March 7, and Britton served the warrants Monday.
• Phillip Wayne Snead, 38, of Mill Road, Clover faces a felony charge of grand larceny.
The alleged offense occurred March 1, and Inv. T. A. Mocarsky served the warrant Friday.
• Brent Maurice Crawley, 34, of Horseshoe Trail, Cluster Springs faces felony charges of vandalism and intent to burglarize.
The alleged offenses occurred Friday, and Deputy T. H. Clarke served the warrants Saturday.
• Ronald Lynn Lacks II, 30, Colemans Ferry Road, Randolph, faces a misdemeanor charge of contempt of court.
The alleged offense occurred July 17, and Deputy J. O. Tanner served the warrant Friday.
• Lawrence William Richardson, 24, of James Trail, Halifax faces a misdemeanor charge of vandalism.
The alleged offense occurred Saturday, and Clarke served the warrant the same day.
• April Shantae Callands, 30, of Hamilton Boulevard faces a misdemeanor charge of vandalism.
The alleged offense occurred Saturday, and Deputy C. S. Hudson served the warrant the same day.
• Kimberley Renae Myers, 25, of Hog Wallow Road, Nathalie faces a misdemeanor charge of vandalism.
The alleged offense occurred Aug. 15, and Sgt. Q. W. Clark served the warrant Saturday.
• James Thomas Hutcherson, 47, of Sinai Road, South Boston faces misdemeanor charges of a driving under the influence and refusing to take a blood/breath test.
The alleged offenses occurred Sunday, and Clarke served the warrants the same day.
• Keith Antonio Hunt, 39, of Virginia Lane, Clover faces a misdemeanor charge of making threats over the telephone.
The alleged offense occurred Sunday, and Britton served the warrant the same day.
• The Halifax County Sheriff’s Office is investigating two thefts that recently occurred in the area.
According to Sheriff Clark, five batteries were stolen from equipment belonging to Asplundh Tree Services, which had been left parked in the 3000 block of Chestnut Road, Nathalie over the weekend.
Deputy J. P. Adams is investigating the theft.
Clark said sometime over the past two weeks, a Trane heating and cooling unit was stolen from behind a house belonging to Kermit Wright, located on Johns Run Road in Vernon Hill.
Britton is the investigating officer.