- Last Updated on 11:10 AM 08/28/12
- BY The Gazette-Virginian
Halifax County investigators have made three arrests and are searching for a 17-year-old juvenile from Hampton in connection with an Aug. 18 break-in that occurred at a residence on L. P. Bailey Highway in Halifax, according to Halifax County Sheriff’s Office records.
Allen Dale Burton Jr., 18, of Dry Bridge Road, Scottsburg and 18-year-old Domonique Troy Hayes of Sawmill Trail, Nathalie each were arrested and charged with felony counts of grand larceny and intent to commit burglary following an Aug. 18 break-in reported by James Lloyd and Rosa Lloyd at their residence in Halifax.
The Lloyds reported firearms and electronics were taken in the break-in, according to Investigator M. A. Womack who served the warrant on Burton Thursday, and Deputy T. H. Clarke served the warrant on Hayes Friday.
A follow-up investigation with the victims and interviews at an area pawn shop yielded more information concerning the break-in that led to the arrest of 19-year-old Bernard Otis Bradsher of Henderson Road, Alton who faces a felony charge of receiving stolen property.
That alleged offense occurred Aug. 21, and Deputy W. G. Yancey served that warrant Monday.
Authorities continue to search for a 17-year-old juvenile from Hampton believed to have masterminded the break-in, Womack said. The juvenile also is wanted on other charges, he added.
Petitions for breaking and entering and grand larceny have been issued for the juvenile.
Womack said Burton, Hayes and Bradsher also face charges of contributing to the delinquency of a minor in connection with the Aug. 18 break-in.
In other sheriff’s office reports:
• Tonya Michelle Hudson, 30, of Love Shop Park Road, South Boston faces a felony charge of embezzling leased property.
The alleged offense occurred April 4, and Deputy T. B. Sargent served the warrant Saturday.
• Michael Wayne Comer, 23, of Oak Level Road, South Boston faces misdemeanor charges of making annoying phone calls and stalking.
The alleged offenses occurred Saturday, and Deputy J. P. Adams served the warrants the same day.
• Travis Wayne Bowes, 23, of Harmony Road, Alton faces three misdemeanor charges for reckless driving, assault and battery and stalking.
The alleged offenses occurred Saturday, and Deputy J. O. Tanner Jr. served the warrants the same day.
• Jessica Anne Vaughan, 27, of Shepherd Street, South Boston faces a misdemeanor charge of trespassing.
Sargent served the warrant Saturday.
• Chaunteka Renee Keen, 23, of Stephens Street, Danville faces a misdemeanor charge of driving on a suspended or revoked license.
The alleged offense occurred Aug. 20, and Deputy T. O. Lewis served the warrant Saturday.
• Leanda Ray Kincy, 40, of Floral Avenue, Danville faces a misdemeanor charge of being drunk in public.
The alleged offense occurred Saturday, and Deputy W. G. Nunn served the warrant the same day.