- Last Updated on 02:48 PM 08/19/12
- BY The Gazette-Virginian
A 64-year-old South Boston man faces a misdemeanor charge of assault on a family member, according to Halifax County Sheriff’s Office records.
William Thomas Comer of White Oak Drive was charged with the alleged offense that occurred on Aug. 13, and Sgt. Q. W. Clark served the warrant Thursday.
• Katrina Harris, 40, of Fairmont Apartments, South Boston was issued a capias for a May 14 indictment charging her with writing a bad check for more than $200.
The alleged offense occurred Dec. 13, 2010, and Sgt. D. H. Barksdale issued the capias Friday.
Harris also was issued a capias for failure to appear in court on Nov. 14, 2011 for a child support show cause hearing.
Barksdale issued the capias Friday.
• Sheryl L. Hughes, 42, of Plank Road, South Hill was issued a capias for failure to appear in Mecklenburg General District Court on July 2.
Sgt. T. C. Spencer issued the capias Friday.
• Melvin Richardson, 59, of South Boston faces a drunk in public charge, according to South Boston Police Office records.
The alleged offense occurred Thursday, and Officer C. Mann served the warrant.
• Travis Pannell, 23, of Halifax faces a drunk in public charge.
The alleged offense occurred Friday, and Officer T. W. Bush served the warrant.