- Last Updated on 08:21 PM 06/22/12
- BY The Gazette-Virginian
A 41-year-old Virgilina man faces a felony destruction of property with intent charge, according to Halifax County Sheriff’s Office records.
Howard Anderson Yancey of Red Bank Road was issued a capias on an indictment handed down May 14 by a Halifax County Grand Jury.
The alleged offense occurred Dec. 24 of last year and involved property belonging to Clyde Morgan, according to the indictment.
Deputy W. G. Nunn issued the capias on Tuesday.
• Sarah Elliott Ingram, 40, of Stewart Trail, Virgilina faces a misdemeanor charge of failure to participate in VASAP as ordered by the court.
Deputy D. W. Martin issued the capias Tuesday.
• Suellen Glasscock Hudson, 46, of Red Bank Road, Virgilina faces a misdemeanor charge of assault on a family member.
The alleged offense occurred May 28, and Deputy S. Edmonds served the warrant on Tuesday.
• Ronald J. Sturgis, 23, of Denniston Road, Alton faces a misdemeanor charge of assault on a family member.
The alleged offense occurred Monday, and Edmonds served the warrant on the same day.
• Police in the Town of Halifax is investigating a theft of license plates.
According to Acting Police Chief David Irby, Police Cpl. S. M. Comer took a report of two stolen license plates on June 17.
The complainant told Comer two Virginia license plates (KAJ7197) were stolen from the vehicle while it was parked at the boat landing in The town of Halifax.
Anyone having information about this theft is asked to call the Halifax Police Department at 476-2526 or call the Halifax County Crime Line at 476-8445.