- Last Updated on 12:45 PM 06/12/12
- BY The Gazette-Virginian
A 39-year-old Clover man faces seven felony charges including six sex charges and one neglect charge, according to Halifax County Sheriff’s Office records.
Kenneth Dean Wilborn of Rodgers Chapel Road was charged with aggravated sexual assault, child neglect, taking indecent liberties with a child, two counts of sexual penetration with an object and two counts of forcible sodomy.
The charges stem from alleged offenses that occurred over seven years ago on Nov. 15, 2004, and Deputy T. H. Clarke served the warrants Sunday.
According to Sheriff Fred Clark, the victim who is a family member no longer lives in the area but made statements where they live now that caused an investigation to begin in the county.
Investigator M. A. Womack’s investigation led to the charges being filed against Wilborn and his subsequent arrest, Clark said.
Wilborn currently is being held at the Blue Ridge Regional Jail under a $25,000 secured bond.
In other Halifax County Sheriff’s Office records:
• Robert Lee Martin, 51, of Zion Hill Church Loop Road, Virgilina faces a felony charge of intent to burglarize and two felony charges of grand larceny,
The alleged offenses occurred May 4, and Investigator T. A. Mocarsky served the warrants Saturday.
• Brian Locklear, 40, of Felix Road, Nathalie faces a felony charge of assault with intent to maim.
The alleged offense occurred Friday, and Deputy W. G. Yancey served the warrant the same day.
• Johnny Owen Clay, 21, of McKeever Trail, Nathalie faces a misdemeanor charge of assault and battery of a family member.
The alleged offense occurred Thursday, and Deputy C. S. Hudson served the warrant Monday.
• Kiesha Lotasha Spencer, 36, of Poplar Creek Street, South Boston faces a misdemeanor charge of contempt of court.
The alleged offense occurred June 4, and Sergeant D. H Barksdale served the warrant Monday.
• Deputy D. H. Barksdale is investigating the theft of a catalytic converter that occurred sometime over the past few days on James D. Hagood Highway near South Boston.
According to Sheriff Clark, someone stole the catalytic converter from a 1995 Chevrolet truck belonging to Paul Mabe Plumbing and Electrical.
• Martha M. Kinsler, 23, of South Boston was issued a felony capias by the Chesterfield Circuit Court for probation violation. She also faces a misdemeanor charge of being drunk in public, according to South Boston Police Office records.
The alleged offenses occurred June 6 and Tuesday. Corporal T. B. White served the capias and warrant Tuesday.
• Lester L. Walker, 52, of South Boston was issued a capias for failure to appear in court.
The alleged offense occurred May 21, and Officer T. W. Bush served the capias Monday.
Walker is being held without bond.
• Gregory Tibbs, 50, of South Boston faces a charge of being drunk in public.
The alleged offense occurred Friday, and Officer E. M. Cawthon served the warrant the same day.