- Last Updated on 11:38 AM 05/10/12
- BY The Gazette-Virginian
A 22-year-old South Boston man faces a felony charge of distribution with the intent to sell marijuana on Myrtle Street, according to South Boston Police reports.
Lavell D. Tucker was charged with the alleged offense that occurred Tuesday, and Officer J. B, Throckmorton served the warrant the same day.
A 2000 Chevrolet Malibu belonging to Tucker and an undisclosed amount of money were seized during the investigation, authorities said.
Tucker was released on a $5,000 secured bond.
• A 34-year-old Greensboro, N.C. woman faces felony charges of third offense petty larceny and a surety capias.
Tiesha Lynette Ragsdale of West Barton Street also faces a misdemeanor charge of contempt of court, according to Halifax County Sheriff’s Office records.
The alleged offenses occurred Oct. 13, 2011, Oct. 18, 2011 and Dec. 16, 2011.
Deputy A. W. Britton served the warrants Wednesday.
• A 17-year-old juvenile faces a felony charge of statutory rape.
The alleged offense occurred Jan. 6, and Deputy J. M. Hatcher served the warrant Tuesday.
• Terrell Freeman, 25, of Highway 47, Chase City faces a misdemeanor charge of assault and battery of a family member.
The alleged offense occurred March 15, and Britton served the warrant Tuesday.
• Carlo Latrell Younger, 31, of Leda Road, Nathalie faces a misdemeanor charge of being drunk in public.
The alleged offense occurred Tuesday, and Deputy J. P. Adams served the warrant the same day.
• Chad Michael Shotwell, 37, of Shotwell Trail, Alton faces misdemeanor charges of driving on a suspended license after a DUI conviction and driving under the influence.
The alleged offenses occurred Tuesday, and Sgt. D. E. Martin served the warrants the same day.
• Justin Edward Smith, 20, of Sage Drive, Lynchburg was issued a misdemeanor surety capias.
Britton served the capias Wednesday.
• Gregory NMN Tibbs, 50, of Penick Avenue, South Boston faces a misdemeanor charge of being drunk in public.
The alleged offense occurred Wednesday, and Martin served the warrant thesame day.
In other police reports:
The Halifax County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a break-in that occurred sometime between 7:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Wednesday on Calvary Road in Alton.
According Sheriff Fred Clark, someone broke out a window on the back of Cindy Kaake’s home and entered the residence. Stolen from the home were two television sets, a laptop computer, an XBOX 360 and jewelry.
Inv. Jeff Burton is investigating the break- in.
Halifax police report
During the month of April, Halifax Police Officers made two felony arrests, four misdemeanor arrests, served one protective order, made one mental transport and answered 373 calls for service, according to an activity report.
Halifax Police Officers issued 48 traffic summons including 24 for speeding, two for driving on a suspended license, three for having defective equipment, two for lack of seatbelt use, two for improper child seat restraints, and 14 for other incidents.
Halifax Police also worked three accidents and one traffic checkpoint, according to the report.