- Last Updated on 07:06 AM 06/06/14
- BY The Gazette-Virginian
A 31-year-old South Boston man under indictment by the Halifax Regional Narcotic and Gang Task Force faces three drug charges, according to Virginia State Police Agent and Task Force Coordinator R. B. George.
Joseph Patrick Brandon of Memorial Drive was charged Wednesday with two counts of distribution of cocaine and one count of distribution of marijuana.
South Boston Police Cpl. M. W. Bowen served the warrants on Brandon for the task force, and Brandon was held with no bond.
• John David Newcomb, 33, of Wilson Memorial Trail, Vernon Hill faces a charge of larceny for shoplifting, according to South Boston Police Department records.
Bowen served the warrant Wednesday, and Newcomb was held with no bond.
• Shaneka Powell, 29, of East Bishop Drive, South Boston faces charges of assault and battery on a family member, making threats over the telephone and extortion by threat.
Cpl. J. C. Berry served the warrants Monday, and Powell was held on a $2,500 secured bond.
• Michael Colin Boxley, 21, of Spring Avenue, South Boston faces a charge of trespassing.
Berry served the warrant Tuesday, and Boxley was held on a $3,000 secured bond.
• Lawrence William Richardson, 26, of James Trail, Halifax faces misdemeanor charges of making threats over the telephone, obstruction of justice and contempt of court, according to Halifax County Sheriff’s Office records.
The alleged offenses occurred May 6 and Tuesday, and Deputy C. J. Yeatts served the warrants Wednesday.