- Last Updated on 07:42 AM 05/28/14
- BY The Gazette-Virginian
A 37-year-old South Boston man faces felony charges of grand larceny, being a convicted felon while in possession of a firearm, kidnapping and robbery and attempts, according to Halifax County Sheriff’s Office records.
Christopher Alan Loftis of Boyd’s Ferry Trail also faces misdemeanor charges of assault and battery on a family member and driving on a suspended or revoked operator’s license.
The offenses are alleged to have occurred on Nov. 30, and Sgt. S. M. Bowen served the warrants Tuesday.
• Lamar Harvard L. Ballou, 24, of Llewellyn Avenue, South Boston faces a felony charge of burglary intent and misdemeanor charges of assault and battery of a family member and vandalism.
The offenses are alleged to have occurred Monday, and Deputy S. Edmonds served the warrants the same day.
• Allen Leon Brandon, 19, of River Road, South Boston faces a charge of felonious assault with intent to maim.
That offense allegedly occurred Jan. 1.
Brandon also faces misdemeanor charges of disorderly conduct and preventing a lawful arrest. Those offenses allegedly occurred Saturday when Deputy W. F. Cross served the warrants.
• Stewart Thomas Whitt, 43, of Waltman Trail, Vernon Hill faces a felony charge of embezzling leased property.
The offense allegedly occurred Nov. 9, and Lt. D. H. Barksdale served the warrant on Friday.
• Jason Todd Daniels, 34, of Third Street, South Boston faces a felony charge of escaping without force and misdemeanor charges of assault and battery, aggressive driving causing a hazard, vandalism, disorderly conduct and preventing a lawful arrest.
The offenses are alleged to have occurred on March 4, and another agency served the warrants Friday.
• Leon Nathaniel Wolford, 47, of Alchie Lane, Nathalie faces a misdemeanor charge of assault and battery of a family member.
The offense is alleged to have occurred Friday, and Investigator J. M. Burton served the warrant the same day.
• Anton Edmonds, 32, of College Street, South Boston faces a misdemeanor charge of contempt of court.
The offense is alleged to have occurred on May 12, and Investigator C. S. Hudson served the warrant Friday.
• Elridge Dion Jordan, 18, of Shepherd Street, South Boston faces misdemeanor charges of vandalism and two counts of petty larceny.
The offenses are alleged to have occurred April 10 and March 27, and Sgt. J. P. Adams served the warrant Saturday.
• Nathan Valentino Allen, 23, of Holbrook Street, Danville faces a misdemeanor charge of failure to appear in court.
The offense is alleged to have occurred March 11, and Sgt. J. P. Adams served the warrant Saturday.
• Willie James Murray, 52, of Asbury Church Road, Halifax faces a misdemeanor charge of trespassing.
The offense is alleged to have occurred Sunday, and Deputy R. L. Compton served the warrant the same day.
• Taylor Lee Short, 21, of Denniston Road, Alton faces a misdemeanor charge of violating a juvenile protective order.
The offense is alleged to have occurred May 20, and Deputy T. H. Clarke served the warrant Monday.
• A 25-year-old South Boston man was indicted on charges of burglary with felony intent and assault and battery on a family member, according to South Boston Police Department records.
Officer F. A. Powell served the indictments to Pierre Lashawn Edmunds of Myrtle Street on Monday.
• William Michael Hendrickson, 19, of Harmony Road, Alton faces charges of contributing to the delinquency of a minor, illegally possessing alcohol under the age of 21 and cursing/breach of peace.
Officer B. H. Smith issued the warrants Saturday, and Hendrickson was held on a $1,000 secured bond.
• Jonas Walker, 77, of North Main Street, South Boston faces a charge of being drunk in public.
Sgt. G. M. Gilliam served the warrant Saturday, and Walker was released on a summons.