- Last Updated on 07:43 AM 05/14/14
- BY The Gazette-Virginian
A 54-year-old South Boston man faces a felony charge of assault with intent to maim, according to South Boston Police Department records.
Officer J. J. George investigated an assault in the Jefferson Avenue area of South Boston around 11 p.m. Sunday night. As result of the investigation, a warrant for Shon Chappell’s arrest was issued.
Chappell, of Jefferson Avenue, turned himself in to Cpl. Mitch Bowen Monday evening. He is being held at Blue Ridge Regional jail without bond.
The victim sustained facial injuries as result of the attack and was transported to Halifax Regional Hospital by a private vehicle prior to George’s arrival.
• Steven Jerome Grace, 46, of Powell Road, South Boston faces charges of driving under the influence and refusing take a breathalyzer test.
Officer A. C. Davis served the warrant Monday.
• Zaniqua Danaye Clark, 19, of Reverend Coleman Road, Clover faces a charge of shoplifting.
Officer R. L. Lawson served the warrant Saturday, and Clark was released on summons.
• Breeann Danielle Walker, 22, of Mountain Road, Vernon Hill faces a charge of failing to have liability insurance.
Sgt. R. D, Edmunds served the warrant Saturday, and Walker was released on summons.
A 23-year-old Nathalie man faces a felony charge of grand larceny, according to Halifax County Sheriff’s records.
Corey Brandon Powell, of L. P. Bailey Memorial Highway, was charged with the alleged offense that occurred March 27, and Deputy S. Britton served the warrant Thursday.
• Clinton E. Edmonds, 59, of Wilson Memorial Trail, Vernon Hill faces a misdemeanor charge of making annoying phone calls.
The alleged offense occurred May 7, and Britton served the warrant Thursday.
• Ray Morris Mason, 47, of Charlotte Court House faces a misdemeanor charge of making threats over the phone.
The alleged offense occurred Friday, and another agency served the warrant Sunday.
• Van Pleasant Jr., 64, of Reverend Coleman Road, Clover faces a misdemeanor charge of being drunk in public.
The alleged offense occurred Sunday, and Britton served the warrant the same day.
• Andrew Leon Dickerson, 26, of Buckshoal Road, Virgilina faces misdemeanor charges of driving on a suspended or revoked license and driving under the influence.
The alleged offenses occurred Monday, and Deputy R. L. Compton served the warrants the same day.
• Kenneth Mosley, 45, of Alchie Lane, Nathalie faces a charge of driving under the influence, according to Halifax Police Department records.
The alleged offense occurred Friday, and Officer M. Smith served the warrant the same day.