- Last Updated on 07:33 AM 04/14/14
- BY The Gazette-Virginian
A Halifax County grand jury indicted a 29-year-old Scottsburg man on six felony charges of grand larceny and one felony charge of being a non-violent felon in possession of a gun in connection with the theft of six 4-wheelers and a RTV side-by-side stolen from different residences in Halifax County between November and January, according to Halifax County Sheriff’s Office records.
Robert Lee Moore of Green Level Road was charged Thursday with the alleged offenses that occurred Nov. 23, Dec. 14, Dec. 19, Jan. 1 and Jan. 15. Another agency served the warrants Friday.
Acting on a citizen’s tip earlier this year, Lt. Mike Womack and Inv. Jeff Burton were able to confiscate a Kubota RTV 9,000 side-by-side, a 2008 Suzuki LTR 450, one 2007 Kawasaki, a 2001 Honda 300, a 2004 Kawasaki 700, a 2003 Honda Ranch and a 2011 Yamaha Grizzly 700.
The investigation led authorities into North Carolina, as far away as Morehead City to recover these items, Halifax County Sheriff Fred S. Clark said.
According to Clark, the combined total value of the 4-wheelers and RTV is $36,200.
Moore is being held with no bond in the Blue Ridge Regional Jail in Halifax.
In other area arrests:
• Thomas Edward Ratliff, 46, of Whipping Creek Road, Gladys faces two felony counts of distributing a controlled substance, according to Halifax County Sheriff’s Office records.
The alleged offenses occurred July 3 and July 16, and Deputy C. A. Bates served the warrants Thursday.
Ratliff was held on $1,000 secured bond.
• Robert Wayne Compton, 29, of Coleman Ferry Road, Randolph faces a felony capias for a probation violation.
The alleged offense occurred Oct. 23, 2012, and Sgt. J. P. Adams served the warrant Wednesday.
• Dean Mason Satterfield, 26, of Cedar Avenue, South Boston faces a misdemeanor charge of possessing marijuana.
The alleged offense occurred Nov. 3, and another agency served the warrant Wednesday.
• Larry Wayne Fears Jr., 36, of Winns Creek Road, Halifax faces two misdemeanor charges of reckless driving, two misdemeanor charges of aggressive driving, causing a hazard and a misdemeanor charge of assault and battery.
The alleged offenses occurred Feb. 20 and April 9, and Deputy J. O. Tanner Jr. served the warrants Thursday.
• Elridge Dion Jordan, 18, of Shepherd Street, South Boston faces charges of possessing burglary tools and grand larceny, according to South Boston Police Department records.
Officer E. M. Cawthon served the warrants, and Jordan was held with no bond.
• Virginia Jolene Lloyd, 31, of Clays Mill Road, Halifax faces a charge of larceny for shoplifting.
Officer F. A. Powell served the warrant, and Lloyd was released on a summons.
• Raheem A. Braxton, 37, of South Boston faces a misdemeanor charge of assault on a family member.
The alleged offense occurred Saturday, and Cpl. A. E. Whitmore served the warrant the same day. Braxton was held on a $1,500 secured bond.
• Christopher R. Andrews, 19, of Chase City faces a misdemeanor charge of possessing a firearm while having an active protective order.
The alleged offense occurred Saturday, and Whitmore served the warrant the same day. Andrews was released on a summons.
• Lamar H. Green, 21, of Richmond faces misdemeanor charges of possessing marijuana and shoplifting.
The alleged offenses occurred Friday, and Officer R. L. Lawson served the warrants the same day. Green was released on a summons.
• Shawntae Logan, 19, of Nathalie faces a misdemeanor charge of shoplifting.
The alleged offense occurred Friday, and Lawson served the warrant the same day. Logan was released on a summons.