- Last Updated on 07:48 AM 03/26/14
- BY The Gazette-Virginian
A Halifax grand jury indicted a 24-year-old Halifax man on six felony charges of grand larceny in connection with the theft of six 4-wheelers and a RTV side-by-side stolen from different residences in Halifax County between November and January, according to Halifax County Sheriff’s Office records.
Blake Carden Crews of Dudley Road was charged with the alleged offenses that occurred Nov. 23, Dec. 14, Dec. 19, Jan. 1 and Jan. 15. Another agency served the warrants Friday.
Acting on a citizen’s tip earlier this year, Lt. Mike Womack and Inv. Jeff Burton were able to confiscate a Kubota RTV 9,000 side-by-side, a 2008 Suzuki LTR 450, one 2007 Kawasaki, a 2001 Honda 300, a 2004 Kawasaki 700, a 2003 Honda Ranch and a 2011 Yamaha Grizzly 700.
The investigation led authorities into North Carolina, as far away as Morehead City to recover these items, Halifax County Sheriff Fred S. Clark said.
According to Clark, the combined total value of the 4-wheelers and RTV is $36,200.
• Nicholas Kyle Bowes, 33, of W. Birch Court, South Boston faces felony charges of assault while applying pressure and assault with the intent to maim and a misdemeanor charge of assault and battery of a family member.
The alleged offenses occurred Nov. 21, and Sgt. Q. W. Clark served the warrants Sunday.
• Michael Brian Desmond, 50, of Matts Trail, Nathalie faces a felony charge of assault and battery on a family member.
The alleged offense occurred Sunday, and Deputy C. S. Hudson served the warrant the same day.
• Timothy Orion Desmond, 19, of Cousin Lane, Nathalie faces a misdemeanor charge of assault and battery on a family member.
The alleged offense occurred Sunday, and Deputy T. H. Clarke served the warrant the same day.
• Michael Morris, 30, of River Road, South Boston faces a misdemeanor charge of assault and battery on a family member.
The alleged offense occurred Saturday, and Deputy W. F. Cross served the warrant Sunday.
• Joanna Barksdale, 41, of Grubby Road, Halifax faces a misdemeanor charge of vandalism.
The alleged offense occurred Oct. 25, and Deputy T. B. Sargent served the warrant Monday.
• Dawn Micquetta Fountain, 22, of Bane Street, South Boston faces a charge of assault and battery on a family member, according to South Boston Police Department records.
Cpl. J. C. Berry served the warrant Monday, and Fountain was held on a $2,000 unsecured bond.
• Ella Mae Fountain Tuck, 45, of Bane Street, South Boston faces a charge of assault and battery on a family member.
Berry served the warrant Monday, and Tuck was held on a $2,000 secured bond.