- Last Updated on 10:42 AM 01/06/10
- BY Staff
A 25-year-old South Boston man has been charged with rape, according to Halifax County Sheriff Stanley Noblin.
Lawrence Dudley of Virgie Cole Road was arrested Thursday and charged following an investigation by Investigator J. D. Clay of the sheriff’s office, Noblin said.
The offense allegedly occurred in July, according to Noblin.
w Kenneth White of Paradise Road, South Boston, reported that someone stole his Honda XR-100 dirt bike from a shed behind his house, Noblin said. The dirt bike was taken sometime between Tuesday and Friday of last week, the sheriff added.
Deputy J. M. Burton is the investigating officer.
• According to sheriff’s office records, a 19-year-old Nathalie man is facing a felony burglary charge.
Donald Darnell Canada Jr. of Meadville Trail was charged with felony burglary-entering a building to commit larceny or other felony.
The offense allegedly occurred Saturday, and Deputy T. H. Clarke served the warrant the same day.
• Brian Scott Jones, 34, Hummingbird Lane, South Boston, was charged with misdemeanor assault and battery of a family or household member.
The offense allegedly occurred Sunday, and Deputy Clarke served the warrant.
• Michael Baker, 49, Paradise Road, Alton, was charged with misdemeanor pointing or brandishing a firearm at another individual.
The offense allegedly occurred Oct. 23, and Deputy Burton served the warrant Saturday.
• Sarah Rebecca Elliott Ingram, 37, Coleman Drive, Alton, was charged with misdemeanor trespassing upon the property of another after having been forbidden to do so.
The offense allegedly occurred Oct. 12, and Deputy Burton served the warrant Saturday.
• Tyrell Lewis Smith, 26, Derrymore Court, Richmond, was charged with misdemeanor appearing in public in an intoxicated condition.
The offense allegedly occurred Saturday, and Deputy Clarke served the warrant the same day.
• Robert Darnell Graves, 27, Kitty’s Lane, Nathalie, was served a capias for allegedly failing to appear in Halifax County Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court on Oct. 19.
Deputy T. B. Sargent served the capias Friday.