- Last Updated on 08:24 AM 10/19/09
- BY Staff
Three Alton residents were arrested Wednesday and charged in a recent string of thefts at the South Boston Walmart store, according to South Boston Police Investigator R. E. Redd.
Investigators from the South Boston Police Department assisted by members of the Halifax/South Boston Regional Narcotics and Gang Task Force arrested 47-year-old Ronnie Dean Newbill, 21-year-old Ronnie Dean Newbill Jr. and 20-year-old Laura Leigh Moody, all of Henderson Road, Redd said.
Investigators and asset protection personnel from Walmart identified the three in connection with thefts of high-end electronics from the store, Redd added.
The elder Newbill is charged with one count of grand larceny and two counts of petit larceny. The grand larceny offense allegedly occurred Sept. 28, and the two petit larceny offenses allegedly occurred Sept. 25 and 27.
Newbill Jr. is charged with five counts of petit larceny. The offenses allegedly occurred Sept. 24, 25, 26, 27 and 28.
Moody is charged with two counts of petit larceny. The offenses allegedly occurred Sept. 24 and 28.
Newbill currently is being held at the Halifax Adult Detention Center under a $15,000 bond, Redd said. Newbill Jr. is being held under a $5,000 bond, and Moody was released on a $5,000 bond.
Redd said more charges are expected in the future.
• In other police matters, an 18-year-old Halifax woman is facing two misdemeanor charges, according to sheriff’s office records.
Brittney Delores McWhite of North Main Street was charged with misdemeanor using threatening language to another over the telephone and misdemeanor threatening another with bodily harm.
The offenses allegedly occurred Saturday, and Cpl. T. C. Spencer served the warrants Wednesday.
• Franklin D. McKinney, 74, L.P. Bailey Highway, Halifax, was charged with misdemeanor assault and battery of a family or household member.
The offense allegedly occurred Tuesday, and Deputy T. H. Clarke served the warrant Wednesday.
• Candice Walker, 23, L.P. Bailey Highway, Halifax, was charged with misdemeanor assault and battery.
The offense allegedly occurred Oct. 2, and Deputy C. S. Yeatts served the warrant Wednesday.
• John Henry Brandon, 36, Old River Road, South Boston, was charged with misdemeanor drunk in public.
The offense allegedly occurred Wednesday, and Deputy J. M. Burton served the warrant that night.
• Jonathan Lorenzo Moales Jr., 22, Wilkins Road, Alton, was served a capias alleging violation of the conditions of his probation.
The offense allegedly occurred Nov. 13, 2007, and Cpl. P.C. Clayton served the capias Tuesday.
• Ivan D. Torres, 19, Wylliesburg Highway, Wylliesburg, was charged with misdemeanor contempt of court.
The offense allegedly occurred Aug. 19, and Deputy S. W. Gilliam served the warrant Tuesday.