- Last Updated on 12:14 PM 10/19/09
- BY Staff
Town offices in Halifax and South Boston will be closed Monday for Columbus Day.
In South Boston, curbside residential refuse collection for the Monday route will be collected on Wednesday, Oct. 14. Residential refuse for the remainder of the week will remain the same.
South Boston town officials remind residents that all refuse must be placed at the curb before 7 a.m.
Commercial refuse collection in South Boston will be on Wednesday and Friday only next week. Commercial refuse collection regularly scheduled for Monday will be collected on Wednesday next week.
For more information or questions, contact the South Boston Public Works Department at 575-4260.
In Halifax, residents are reminded that town workers will pick up recyclables on Friday, Oct. 16, due to the modified holiday schedule. Regular town curbside recycling pick up will resume Wednesday, Oct. 21, as customary.
During the modified holiday schedule, town residents may take their properly prepared recyclable materials to the large bins provided at the lower parking lot of the Blue Ridge Regional Jail. That site accepts newspaper, #1 and #2 plastic, cardboard, aluminum and metal cans, and clear, green and brown consumer glass. Residents are asked to place glass directly into the bin with no bags.
The Town of Halifax Solid Waste Department will conduct its solid waste pick-up next week on a modified schedule:
• Tuesday: Residents normally served on this day will have solid waste picked up. This area included properties along Highway 501 south from the railroad tracks to the corporate limits, Spencer Lane, Golf Course Road, Brook Run, Cowford Road, Meadow Drive, Banister Road, Gatha’s Trail and Ballou Trail.
• Wednesday: Residents normally served on Monday will have solid waste picked up. This area includes Mountain Road, Canterbury Drive, Woodview Road, Mimosa Drive, Oak Lane, Pine Road, Ash Street, Cedar Lane, Poplar Lane, Crawford Road, Academy Street, Craddock Street, Houston Street and Main Street (from Mountain Road south to the railroad tracks).
• Thursday: Residents normally served on this day will have solid waste picked up. This area includes Maple Avenue, Buena Vista Drive, Park Lane, Lakeside Drive, Harding Street, Snead Lane, Cary Street, Elam Street, Hedderly Street, Jackson Street, Back Street, Main Street (from Mountain Road north on Highway 501 and east on Highway 360 to the corporate limits).
• Friday: The Town of Halifax Solid Waste Department will conduct curbside recycling on this day and resume regular weekly curbside recycling on Wednesday, Oct. 21.