YourGV.com

Wednesday, Jul 23rd

Last updateWed, 23 Jul 2014 8am

You are here: Home News Local News Wednesday night fire destroys Crystal Hill home

Wednesday night fire destroys Crystal Hill home

A Nathalie home was fully involved when firefighters from four county departments arrived on the scene Wednesday night, according to Triangle Volunteer Fire Chief Rodney Francisco. The house, belonging to Carnell Jackson, was located at 1032 Gabrieline Lane in Crystal Hill and was occupied by his mother, Gabrieline Jackson.

She was at home when the fire started but was able to escape without injury, the fire chief said.

Triangle Volunteer Fire Department responded to the house fire at 8:13 p.m. with four fire trucks and 19 firefighters.

Liberty Volunteer Fire Department also responded with two trucks and 10 firefighters, Halifax Volunteer Fire Department answered the call with three trucks and eight firefighters, and North Halifax Volunteer Fire Department responded with an ambulance and nine firefighters.

When firefighters arrived on scene Wednesday night flames were coming out of the roof, Francisco said.

The fire is suspected to have started in a dryer located in the back of the house.

Firefighters said the house was considered a total loss due to fire and water damage.