Thursday, Jul 31st

Last updateWed, 30 Jul 2014 8am

You are here: Home News Local News Grease fire causes minor damage to Halifax County home

Grease fire causes minor damage to Halifax County home

A juvenile was burned in a grease fire that kept Liberty Volunteer firefighters busy Wednesday afternoon.

Liberty Volunteer Fire Department responded to the report of a house fire Wednesday afternoon at the home of Vanessa Arnold on 1025 Tuck Trail off Lennig Road in Nathalie.

Eight firefighters on three trucks worked to contain the kitchen fire and were assisted by seven Triangle Volunteer firefighters who responded with three trucks.

Three teenagers were home when the fire started, according to a Liberty Fire Department spokesperson.

Damages to the home were estimated at $400, and one of the juveniles who received burns on her arm was treated at the scene by EMTs.