Tuesday, Jul 29th

Last updateMon, 28 Jul 2014 7am

You are here: Home News Local News Chimney fire causes $3,000 damage to Oak Level house

Chimney fire causes $3,000 damage to Oak Level house

 

A chimney fire that got into the walls of the Oak Level Road home of L. W. Henderson kept Oak Level, Halifax and Turbeville Volunteer Fire Departments busy Saturday around noon.

According to Oak Level Volunteer Fire Department Chief Engineer Pete Ingram, fire was coming out of the chimney when the first firefighters arrived on the scene.

 

Ingram said the homeowner reportedly was taking ashes out of a fireplace insert when he discovered the chimney fire and called for assistance.

Six volunteers from Oak Level VFD responded with three trucks and were assisted by Halifax VFD firefighters responding with two trucks and Turbeville VFD firefighters responding with one truck.

No one was injured while fighting the fire that did an estimated $3,000 damage to the house, Ingram said.

{fcomment}