- Last Updated on 07:43 AM 06/08/11
- BY Staff
The Halifax County Sheriff’s Office has made four additional arrests in the recent drug sweep by the Halifax/South Boston Regional Narcotics and Gang Task Force, according to Sheriff Stanley Noblin.
• Jeffer Shawn Knight, 40, of South Boston was arrested Monday and charged with three counts of distribution of cocaine.
• Neisha Sytara Powell, 23, of Clover was arrested Monday and charged with possession of cocaine and one count of possession of marijuana.
• Margaret Hope McCollum, 18, of South Boston was arrested Tuesday and charged with one count of distribution of marijuana and one count of conspiracy to distribute marijuana.
• Justin Robert Shotwell, 25, of South Boston was arrested Tuesday and charged with two counts of distribution of marijuana, one count of distribution of a Schedule I or II drug and one count of conspiring to distribute marijuana.
Knight is being held without bond in the Halifax County Adult Detention Center, and Powell was released on a $2,500 bond, Noblin said.
Secured bonds were set at $10,000 for Shotwell and $2,500 for McCollum, he added.
These four arrests come on the heels of the arrest of 18 individuals on various drug charges Friday by the task force.
Sheriff Noblin thanked the citizens of Halifax County and the Town of South Boston for their assistance in bringing these cases to a close.
“With all local and state law enforcement working together we can continue to combat the sale of narcotics and its related crimes in Halifax County,” Noblin said.