- Last Updated on 08:09 AM 03/16/11
- BY Staff
A copper thief broke into Wilson Memorial Ruritan Club sometime overnight Monday, according to Halifax County Sheriff Stanley Noblin.
Entry was gained into the former Wilson Memorial School building by prying open the back door leading to the boiler room, the sheriff said.
The thief dislodged several lengths of copper pipe allowing water to run onto the floor until it was discovered at 7:30 Tuesday morning by one of the Ruritan Club members, he added.
Sgt. D. H. Barksdale and Investigator M. A. Womack are handling the investigation.
• In other law enforcement matters, a 28-year-old Nathalie man is facing two misdemeanor assault charges, according to sheriff’s office records.
Adam Scott King of Pumping Hill Road was charged with two misdemeanor counts of assault and battery.
The offenses allegedly occurred Sunday, and Cpl. C. S. Yeatts served the warrants Monday night.
• Antwann Derile Miller, 27, Bradley Creek Road, Nathalie, was charged with misdemeanor assault and battery.
The offense allegedly occurred Saturday, and Deputy T. B. Sargent served the warrant Monday.
• Dominuque Lacole Ferrell, 23, Bane Street, South Boston, was charged with misdemeanor disorderly conduct.
The offense allegedly occurred Sunday, and Sgt. T. C. Spencer served the warrant the same day.
• Leeland Ambrose Watkins, 22, Highview Road, Halifax, was charged with misdemeanor using profane or threatening language to another over the telephone.
The offense allegedly occurred Sunday, and Sgt. Barksdale served the warrant Monday.
• Tamara Logan Rowland, 29, Cedar Lake Road, South Boston, was charged with misdemeanor contempt of court.
The offense allegedly occurred Monday, and Deputy Sargent served the warrant the same day.