- Last Updated on 08:10 AM 02/14/11
- BY Staff
A 28-year-old South Boston man is facing three felony charges and one misdemeanor charge, according to records in the Halifax County Sheriff’s Office.
Mark Benton Hughes of Wickham Street was charged with felony grand larceny, felony burglary, felony prescription fraud and misdemeanor vandalism of property amounting to less than $1,000 in damages.
The charges stem from incidents alleged to have occurred on Jan. 26 and Jan. 30, and Investigator M. A. Womack served the warrants on Wednesday.
• Edward Dante Younger, 20, of Ball Park Loop, Halifax was charged with a felony count of grand larceny and a felony count of burglary stemming from an incident that is alleged to have occurred on Wednesday.
Investigator T. R. Spencer served the warrants that same day.
• Thomas Michael Cody, 19, of Hummingbird Lane, South Boston was charged with a felony count of grand larceny (not from a person) stemming from an incident that is alleged to have occurred on Tuesday.
Deputy J. P. Adams served the warrant on Friday.
• Eric Justin Adkins, 20, of Piney Grove Road, Alton was charged with a felony count of grand larceny (not from a person) stemming from an incident that is alleged to have occurred on Tuesday.
Deputy Adams served the warrant on Friday.
• John Tyrone Jones, 38, of Fowler Trail, South Boston was issued a capias on a probation violation and charged with misdemeanor failure to appear stemming from incidents that are alleged to have occurred on July 21, 2009 and Jan. 31 of this year.
Cpl. C. S. Yeatts served the warrants on Friday.
• Cordero Deshae Kirby, 22, of Ball Park Loop, Halifax was charged with misdemeanor assault and battery stemming from an incident that is alleged to have occurred Wednesday.
Deputy S. Edmonds served the warrant on Thursday.
• Authorities are investigating a break-in that occurred at an Old Cluster Springs Road home sometime over the past two weeks.
According to Sheriff Stanley Noblin, someone entered the home of Marcelle Senter of 2051 Old Cluster Springs Road, South Boston and took several items.
Reported missing were a credit card, which has been used several times within the past 12 days, a video camera and five television sets, Noblin said.
Deputy Greg Yancey is continuing the investigation.