- Last Updated on 12:00 AM 01/21/11
- BY Staff
A 38-year-old Halifax man has been charged with 28 felony sex counts, according to Halifax County Sheriff’s Office records.
Michael Thomas Epps of West Oak Hill Drive was charged with eight felony counts of aggravated sexual battery of a person less than 13 years old, eight felony counts of taking indecent liberties with a child, four felony counts of incest with a child or grandchild, three felony counts of forcible rape, one felony count of forcible sodomy, two felony counts of sodomy, one felony count of aggravated sexual assault and one felony count of object sexual penetration.
The offenses allegedly occurred over a period of time ranging from July 1, 2005 through Sept. 1 of last year.
Deputy J. M. Burton served the warrants Tuesday.
• Vincent Orlando White, 22, West Third Street, Chase City, was charged with misdemeanor possession of marijuana and misdemeanor carrying a concealed weapon.
The offenses allegedly occurred Wednesday, and Deputy J. P. Adams served the warrants the same day.
• Alisa Natisha Crawley, 30, Willow Street, South Boston, was charged with two misdemeanor counts of writing a bad check of less than $200.
One of the offenses allegedly occurred April 12 of last year, and the other allegedly occurred June 23. Deputy C. A. Bates served the warrants Tuesday.
• Chawn Laree Cliborne, 34, Ratliff Drive, South Boston, was charged with misdemeanor hit and run and also misdemeanor failure to maintain control of a motor vehicle.
The offenses allegedly occurred Jan. 9, and Deputy J. O. Tanner served the warrants Tuesday.
• Charlena Robin Sanford, 28, Mason Chapel Road, Alton, was charged with two misdemeanor counts of parking in a fire lane.
The offenses allegedly occurred March 6 of last year, and Deputy Bates served the warrants Monday.
• Henry Adolphus Brooks Jr., 34, North Grand Brook Circle, Richmond, was charged with misdemeanor contempt of court.
The offense allegedly occurred Jan. 10, and Deputy Tanner served the warrant Tuesday.
• In the Town of Halifax, Rodney Dale Henderson, 33, South Boston, was served a capias and three Halifax County Circuit court indictments.
Henderson was charged with assault and battery of a family or household member, reckless handling of a firearm and violating a protective order.
The offenses allegedly occurred Nov. 24, and Halifax Police Lt. D. D. Irby served the capias and indictments Wednesday.
• In other law enforcement matters, deputies are investigating the larceny of several items in the Nathalie community, according to Sheriff Stanley Noblin.
Sometime between Dec. 20 and Wednesday, someone broke open a side door to a shop on Chestnut Road belonging to Gregory Mabins, Noblin said.
The thief or thieves stole two automobile engines, two transmissions and an undisclosed number of engine parts, the sheriff added.
Sgt. T. C. Spencer is the investigating officer.