- Last Updated on 09:58 AM 01/19/11
- BY Staff
Halifax County Sheriff’s deputies are investigating a theft from a Vernon Hill church over the weekend, according to Sheriff Stanley Noblin.
Someone stole an oil tank containing approximately 200 gallons of oil from Christ Temple Apostolic Church on Blue Rock Road sometime between Friday and Sunday, Noblin said.
Sgt. T. C. Spencer is the investigating officer.
• In other law enforcement matters, a 42-year-old South Boston man is facing a felony drug charge and a misdemeanor traffic charge, according to sheriff’s office records.
Odell McKinley Lipscomb III of Humps Trail was charged with felony possession of a Schedule I or II substance. He also was charged with misdemeanor driving a motor vehicle after having been found to be a habitual offender and while his driving privilege was revoked.
The offenses allegedly occurred Friday, and Deputy T. H. Clarke served the warrants the same day.
• Darrin Lee Satterfield, 23, Jeffress Street, South Boston, was charged with felony possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. He also was charged with misdemeanor possession of marijuana-first offense.
The offenses allegedly occurred Monday, and South Boston Police Officer J. B. Throckmorton served the warrants that night.
• Keith Wilson Jones, 28, Philpott Road, South Boston, was charged with misdemeanor pointing or brandishing a firearm at another person.
The offense allegedly occurred Monday, and Deputy Clarke served the warrant that night.
• Bianca Blanding, 27, Black Walnut Road, Randolph, was charged with misdemeanor writing a bad check for less than $200.
The offense allegedly occurred Sept. 20 of last year, and Deputy S. Edmonds served the warrant Saturday night.
• Kendrick Nakeith Powell, 42, Oak Level Road, Halifax, was charged with misdemeanor assault.
The offense allegedly occurred Saturday, and Sgt. Spencer served the warrant Sunday.
• Patrick W. Blackwell, 52, Jeffries Trail, Alton, was charged with misdemeanor using profane or threatening language to another over the telephone.
The offense allegedly occurred Saturday, and Deputy Edmonds served the warrant Sunday.
• Larry Jerome Stovall, 57, East Hyco Road, South Boston, was charged with misdemeanor driving a motor vehicle after his operator’s license, permit or privilege to drive had been suspended or revoked.
The offense allegedly occurred Monday, and Cpl. C. S. Yeatts served the warrant the same day.
• Frank E. Sanford, 23, Philpott Road, South Boston, was served a capias warrant for failure to appear in Halifax County Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court on Jan. 10.
Cpl. Yeatts served the capias warrant Monday night.