- Last Updated on 07:37 AM 12/29/10
- BY Staff
A 23-year-old former Halifax County resident has been charged with robbery stemming from an incident that occurred Dec. 22 at Riverside Mobile Home Park, according to Investigator J. D. Clay.
Mario Jordan of 386 Chatlin Avenue, Danville, was arrested by South Boston Police Officer T. W. Bush on Monday and charged in connection with the theft of five pizzas and a heat bag from a Domino’s Pizza delivery driver, Clay said.
According to the investigating officer, two employees of Domino’s Pizza were robbed at gunpoint last Wednesday night.
At approximately 10:40 p.m., a delivery driver for Domino’s Pizza was attempting to make a delivery at Riverside Mobile Home Park on Philpott Road when a black male wearing a long gold coat pointed what appeared to be a shotgun at him, authorities said.
Deputies S. Edmonds and C. H. Hudson responded to the call along with South Boston Police officers and Virginia State Police.
Over the Christmas holidays, Investigator Clay said he continued the investigation and through citizen tips and “other information from other resources,” Jordan was arrested and charged with the felony.
Sheriff S. L. Noblin expressed his appreciation to the citizens of the community who provided information that led to the arrest in this case.
Anyone having additional information in this case is requested to contact Inv. Clay at 434-476-3334.
Clay said Jordan remains in the Blue Ridge Regional Jail in Halifax under no bond.
• In other Halifax County Sheriff’s Office records, a 33-year-old South Boston man is facing a felony firearm charge.
Carlton Ray Mitchell Jr. of Philpott Road was charged with possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
Deputy T. H. Clarke served the warrant Friday night.
• Rickie Leon Knight, 27, East Thomas Street, Danville, was charged with misdemeanor vandalism.
The offense allegedly occurred Monday, and Deputy Clarke served the warrant the same day.
• Joyce Adkins Hill, 36, Piney Creek Road, Scottsburg, was charged with misdemeanor assault and battery of a family or household member.
The offense allegedly occurred Tuesday, and Sgt. T. C. Spencer served the warrant the same day.
• Ernest Eugene Martin, 62, Bethel Road, Halifax, was charged with misdemeanor assault and battery.
The offense allegedly occurred Dec. 22, and Capt. J. K. Henderson served the warrant the same day.
• Carlton Leviticus Chalmers, 48, W. Forest Trail, South Boston, was charged with misdemeanor drunk in public. He also was
served a capias warrant alleging he violated the provisions of his probation.
The drunk in public offense allegedly occurred Dec. 22, and Deputy C. A. Bates served the warrant the same day.
The probation violation allegedly occurred Dec. 20, and Deputy W. G. Nunn served the capias warrant Dec. 22.
• Cecil Lewis Johnson, 40, Piney Ridge Road, Nathalie, was charged with misdemeanor drunk in public.
The offense allegedly occurred Friday, and Deputy C. S. Hudson served the warrant the same day.
• David Leon Sims, 46, Bethel Road, Halifax was charged with misdemeanor contempt of court.
The offense allegedly occurred Dec. 20, and Deputy T. B. Sargent served the warrant Friday.