- Last Updated on 11:00 PM 11/09/10
- BY Staff
Three Long Island residents have been charged in the break-in of a Mulberry Road residence in the Nathalie community, according to Sheriff Stanley Noblin.
Robert Adam Buchanan, 25, his 25-year-old wife, Marie Bell Buchanan, and his 44-year-old mother, Barbara Ann Epperson, all of 2106 Buffalo Road, are facing multiple charges related to the break-in of the Mulberry Road house belonging to Mark Boothe of Madison Heights, Noblin said.
The house previously had been broken into twice, and when Boothe’s brother and sister-in-law went to check on the house late Friday afternoon, they found Robert Buchanan and Barbara Epperson running from the inside of the house out the back door, the sheriff said. The brother held the two at gunpoint, while his wife called the sheriff’s office, Noblin said.
Deputies arrived and arrested Buchanan and Epperson, subsequently charging Buchanan with three felony counts of breaking and entering, one felony count of grand larceny and one misdemeanor count of petty larceny, Noblin said. Epperson was charged with two felony counts of breaking and entering and one felony count of grand larceny, he added.
Marie Buchanan was charged as an accessory before the fact for allegedly dropping off her husband and mother-in-law and coming back to pick them up, Noblin said.
Deputy C. S. Hudson served the warrants on Robert Buchanan Friday night, and Deputy S. Edmonds served the warrants on Marie Buchanan and Barbara Epperson Friday night.
• In other law enforcement matters, a 26-year-old South Boston man is facing a total of 12 various felony and misdemeanor charges, according to Halifax County Sheriff’s Office records.
Christian Lante McDougald of Bold Springs Road was charged with five counts of felony larceny-credit card theft. McDougald also was charged with two counts of misdemeanor petty larceny, three misdemeanor counts of vandalism of a motor vehicle, one count of misdemeanor grand larceny of checks valued at less than $200, and one count of misdemeanor trespassing.
The offenses allegedly occurred Oct. 27, and Deputy S. W. Gilliam served the warrants Friday.
• John Davis Nichols, 19, Bennett Lane, Clover, was charged with two counts of misdemeanor inflicting injury to an animal.
The offenses allegedly occurred Oct. 23 and 26, and Deputy Hudson served the warrants Friday.
• Curtis Carter, 57, Jeffress Trail, Alton, was charged with misdemeanor assault and battery.
The offense allegedly occurred Oct. 10, and Deputy Hudson served the warrant Friday.
• Kelly Shavonne Lewis, 28, Willow Oaks Apartments, South Boston, was charged with misdemeanor parking in a fire lane.
The offense allegedly occurred Feb. 14, and Halifax Police Lt. D. D. Irby served the warrant Friday.
• Jeremy Lynn Miller, 27, Wren Street, South Boston, was charged with misdemeanor drunk in public.
The offense allegedly occurred Friday, and Sgt. D. H. Barksdale served the warrant Friday.
• Glen Michael Landrum, 32, was served a capias warrant alleging he violated the provisions of his probation.
The offense allegedly occurred Sept. 8, and Sgt. Barksdale served the capias warrant Thursday night.