- Last Updated on 07:51 AM 11/03/10
- BY Staff
Five individuals have been arrested on felony charges stemming from an incident at an October party in Cody that resulted in one man being airlifted to a medical center, according to Sheriff Stanley Noblin.
Dale Antwan “Boss” Witcher, 27, Cherry Street, South Boston, Jonathan Kenard “Scooter” Williams, 26, and Jamar Kendrick “Juicy” Thaxton, 21, both of Dr. Lacy Trail, Nathalie, Levar Antwan Adams, 22, Acorn Road, Nathalie, and Travis Womack, 22, State Shed Road, Nathalie, were each charged with felony counts related to the incident in which Dwayne Moon was beaten so severely he had to be airlifted to the University of Virginia Hospital, Noblin said.
The incident occurred at a party on Golden Leaf Road in the Cody community the night of Oct. 9 and early morning hours of Oct. 10, he added.
Adams was charged with felony assault with intent to maim or kill and also misdemeanor assault and battery, Noblin said.
The other four men were charged with felony malicious wounding while being in a mob, with an additional misdemeanor assault and battery charge lodged against Jamar Thaxton, the sheriff added.
Sheriff Noblin expressed his appreciation to the citizens who provided information that resulted in the arrests of these five individuals.
• In other sheriff’s office matters, deputies are investigating a break-in and larceny last week at a South Boston residence, according to Sheriff Noblin.
Charles Parrett reported he had left home for a short while Thursday afternoon, and when he returned he discovered someone had kicked open the basement door of his Cherry Hill Church Road residence, Noblin said.
Items taken include a 42” Samsung television and two laptop computers, the sheriff said.
Investigator C. J. Yeatts is the investigating officer.
According to sheriff’s office records, a 57-year-old Alton man is facing felony rape and burglary charges.
• William Jerome Johnson of Paradise Road was charged with felony forcible rape and felony burglary-entering a dwelling house with intent to commit larceny, assault and battery or other felony.
Both offenses allegedly occurred Monday, and Deputy T. H. Clarke served the warrants the same day.
• Christopher Allen Rhodes, 24, Acorn Road, Nathalie, was charged with felony kidnapping/abduction and misdemeanor brandishing a firearm.
The offenses allegedly occurred Oct. 24, and Deputy S. W. Gilliam served the warrants Monday.
• Angela Scott Kilmon, 34, Bunting Road, Chincoteague, was charged with felony unauthorized use.
The offense allegedly occurred Oct. 16, and Deputy J. P. Adams served the warrant Thursday.
• Dashaun K. Clark, 18, Meadow Wood Court, Roxboro, was charged with two misdemeanor counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
One of the offenses allegedly occurred July 1, and the other allegedly occurred July 16. Deputy Sargent served the warrant Friday.
• John Andrew Brockman, 49, Four Oak Road, South Boston, was charged with misdemeanor brandishing a firearm.
The offense allegedly occurred Monday, and Deputy Nunn served the warrant the same day.
• Herbert Matthew Robertson, 22, Fowler Trail, South Boston, was charged with misdemeanor distribution of less than one-half ounce of marijuana.
The offense allegedly occurred April 17, and Deputy Nunn served the warrant Thursday.
• Delquan Lamar Newton, 27, Gygax Avenue, South Boston, was charged with two misdemeanor counts of contempt of court and one misdemeanor count of violating his good behavior provision.
One contempt offense allegedly occurred Jan. 12, and the other allegedly occurred April 12. The good behavior violation allegedly occurred March 4. Deputy Adams served the warrants Thursday.
• William Spencer Stanley, 29, Parsons Farm Road, Vernon Hill, was charged with misdemeanor drunk in public.
The offense allegedly occurred Friday, and Deputy C. S. Hudson served the warrant the same day.
• Jimmie Francis Rogers Jr., 36, Iris Lane, Danville, was charged with misdemeanor contempt of court.
The offense allegedly occurred Sept. 21, and Sgt. D. H. Barksdale served the warrant Friday.
• Darrell Dwayne Smith, 31, South Gayle Street, Clover, was charged with misdemeanor contempt of court.
The offense allegedly occurred Friday, and Cpl. P. C. Clayton served the warrant Monday.