- Last Updated on 07:45 AM 10/18/10
- BY Staff
A 22-year-old South Boston man was arrested Friday in connection with a break-in that occurred Oct. 11 at the Jiffy Store on John Randolph Boulevard.
Elliott Vincent Bowers Jr. of Watkins Avenue was charged with breaking and entering into the Jiffy Store, petit larceny and destruction of property belonging to the Jiffy Store, according to Investigator R. E. Redd, who along with Investigator C. L. Carswell made the arrest.
Redd said the break-in occurred in the early morning hours of Oct. 11 when someone took cigarettes and other assorted merchandise valued at less than $200 from the store.
Bond for Bowers was set at $5,000, Redd said.
• In sheriff’s office reports, a 57-year-old South Boston man has been charged with two felony drug charges.
Ronald Armand Thomas of First St. was charged with distribution of a controlled substance and conspiring to possess a control substance, according to sheriff’s office records.
The charges stem from an incident alleged to have occurred on April 20, 2009, and Cpl. P. C. Clayton served the warrants on Thursday.
• Wayne Sherman Torian, 49, of Gygax St., South Boston was charged with a felony count of distribution of a controlled substance.
The charge stems from an incident alleged to have occurred on Sept. 25, 2009, and Cpl. Clayton served the warrant on Thursday.
• Alfrederick Lamont Dunn, 37, of Cluster Springs Road, South Boston was issued a capias on a felony count of probation violation.
The incident is alleged to have occurred on March 11, 2008, and Deputy S. Edmonds served the warrant on Thursday.
• William Shallmane Farmer, 32, of Philpott Road in South Boston was charged with a misdemeanor count of failure to appear.
The incident is alleged to have occurred on Aug. 23, and Dep. C. S. Hudson served the warrant on Thursday.