- Last Updated on 05:04 PM 09/23/10
- BY Staff
Daytime break-ins in the southwestern part of Halifax County continue to plague law enforcement.
Halifax County Sheriff’s deputies are investigating two additional break-ins and burglaries at residences in the Alton community, said Sheriff Stanley Noblin.
The latest targets of the daytime burglars were the residences of Cassidy Prevett and Edwin Little, both on Snow Hill Road, Noblin said.
The thieves gained entry by kicking open the doors on both houses. Once inside, they stole televisions, game systems and jewelry, the sheriff said.
Deputies C. A. Bates and C. S. Hudson are investigating the break-ins.
Anyone with information on either of these two crimes or any other crime is asked to call the sheriff’s office at 434-476-3334.
• In other law enforcement matters, a 24-year-old Virgilina woman is facing a pair of drug charges, according to sheriff’s office records.
Alyssa B. Powell of Ninth Street was charged with one felony count of possession of a controlled substance. She also was charged with one misdemeanor count of possession of marijuana.
Both offenses allegedly occurred on Nov. 16 of last year, and Deputy Bates served the warrants Tuesday.
• Shelton Jovan Obriant, 34, Poplar Creek Street, South Boston, was charged with one felony count of embezzlement of leased property valued at $200 or more. He also was served a capias warrant alleging he violated the provisions of his probation.
The embezzlement offense allegedly occurred Sept. 22 of last year, and the probation violation allegedly occurred Dec. 22 last year. Deputy D. L. Medley served the warrant and capias Monday.
• Christopher Travis Stevens, 31, North Main Street, South Boston, was charged with misdemeanor assault and battery of a family or household member.
The offense allegedly occurred Thursday, and Cpl. C. S. Yeatts served the warrant the same day.
• Christopher Allen Rhodes, 24, Acorn Road, Nathalie, was charged with misdemeanor contempt of court.
The offense allegedly occurred Wednesday, and Deputy J. M. Burton served the warrant the same day.
• Leslie A. Rhodes, 41, Acorn Road, Nathalie, was charged with misdemeanor contempt of court.
The offense allegedly occurred Wednesday, and Deputy Burton served the warrant the same day.
• Anthony Antonio Rogers, 49, Bill Tuck Highway, South Boston, was charged with misdemeanor contempt of court.
The offense allegedly occurred Monday, and Deputy Burton served the warrant Wednesday.