- Last Updated on 12:00 AM 09/03/10
- BY The Gazette-Virginian
Halifax County Sheriff’s deputies are investigating a vandalism of a county business and a larceny and vandalism at another business, according to Sheriff Stanley Noblin.
Someone knocked the front door glass out of the Friendly Corner Store on Mountain Road in Halifax Tuesday night, using a cinderblock, Noblin said. A store clerk found the damage at 5 a.m. Wednesday when he was preparing to open the store, and there was no evidence the store had been entered, the sheriff said.
Cpl. C. S. Yeatts is the investigating officer.
Earlier in the week someone stole a trailer jack and slashed a tire on a fertilizer spreader buggy belonging to Crop Production Services in Crystal Hill, Noblin said.
Deputy C. A. Bates is investigating.
• In other law enforcement matters, a 31-year-old Milton, N.C. man is facing eight felony drug charges, according to sheriff’s office records.
• Aristeo B. Escobar-Rodrigues of Sunset Drive was charged with seven felony counts of selling or distributing more than one-half ounce of marijuana. He also was charged with one felony count of conspiracy to possess a controlled substance.
The offenses allegedly occurred between April 20 and June 7, and another law enforcement agency served the warrants Tuesday.
• Randy Blake Cash, 44, L.P. Bailey Highway, Nathalie, was charged with one felony count of possession of a controlled substance.
The offense allegedly occurred Monday, and Deputy Bates served the warrant Wednesday.
• Ronnie Van Laray Marable, 51, St. Michaels Drive, South Boston, was charged with two misdemeanor counts of writing a bad check for less than $200.
The offenses allegedly occurred May 16 and 26, and Maj. T. E. Logan served the warrants Wednesday.
• Kerwin Lee Ewell, 39, Cedar Grove Road, South Boston, was charged with misdemeanor assault and battery of a family or household member.
The offense allegedly occurred Sunday, and Cpl. Yeatts served the warrant Tuesday night.
w Bobby Dale Lloyd, 42, Hog Wallow Road, Nathalie, was charged with misdemeanor breach of the peace.
The offense allegedly occurred Aug. 16, and Deputy T. B. Sargent served the warrant Tuesday.
• Aaron Hadley Roberts III, 18, Poplar Creek Street, South Boston, was charged with misdemeanor contempt of court.
The offense allegedly occurred Wednesday, and Capt. S. M. Cassada served the warrant the same day.